2024+ Touring Models Discuss the currently offered Touring Models

Hotkey to go back to Carplay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 09:01 AM
Shamann
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hotkey to go back to Carplay?

Question. So every once in awhile I use the menu button on the left grip to check tire pressure or outside temp. In order to get back to carplay, I have to use the directional to move to the carplay symbol, and hit the enter button.
Anyone found a way to map some sort of custom button on the grips to take you back to Carplay no matter where you are in menus?
Thanks in advance,

Old 06-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Erratikmind
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 212 Posts

I recently switched to the Tour screen display. This affords me my CarPlay and all the data that I need without switching back and forth.

I don’t need the Tach feature.

The following 2 users liked this post by Erratikmind:
ChrisHo (Yesterday), Hedonism (Yesterday)
Old 06-26-2024, 12:16 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,756 Likes on 1,663 Posts

Nope, no way I found. I just memorized “Menu-Right-Up-Enter”.

Could press Menu and touch CarPlay icon.

Or press VOX and say CarPlay.

The following 2 users liked this post by BrandonSmith:
Ducman82 (06-26-2024), Shamann (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 12:49 PM
Ducman82
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone found how to get Siri to sound louder? I have done the trick of volume up when she is activated. still sounds low compared to the regular audio.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ducman82:
BrandonSmith (06-26-2024), Shamann (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 12:55 PM
hairymoth
Road Warrior
Received 1,242 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducman82
anyone found how to get Siri to sound louder? I have done the trick of volume up when she is activated. still sounds low compared to the regular audio.
On a bike with the BOOM GTS ('24 bikes with the OEM tourpack), Siri is loud when using Carplay, useless (inaudible) when Carplay is not on.
I have searched for this, and supposedly, you can give Siri a command to increase it's own volume (e.g., Siri, Talk louder) -- but no luck.

The following users liked this post:
Shamann (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 07:38 PM
jwt873
Road Warrior
Received 4,558 Likes on 1,009 Posts

The instructions below assume you have a headset with a functioning microphone.

Pressing the Phone/Voice Recognition button above the right turn signal does two things. A quick tap will open the embedded SkylineOS voice recognition. A female voice will ask for a command. A longer press, (over 1/2 second) will bypass the embedded voice recognition and activate Siri instead. You'll hear the 'bonk' letting you know Siri is listening.

You can't activate Carplay using the embedded SkylineOS voice recognition. It will ignore you if you say Carplay. If you say "open Carplay it will respond with something like "Hmm, it seems the application is not installed".

With a 1/2 second press of the voice recognition button, not only does Siri go active, but the Carplay screen will pop up on the display as well. If Siri doesn't hear a command after about 5 seconds it will time out and the Carplay screen will disappear. You'll revert back to whatever non-Carplay screen that was showing.

To keep the screen on the display, as soon as Siri goes active and Carplay pops up, say "open [someapp]. (eg 'open maps') Siri will open that app and Carplay will remain on the screen from then on.

To sum up.. The voice recognition button acts as a hotkey to return to Carplay, but without a microphone to issue commands, Carplay won't remain on the screen for long. You'll have to go back to the traditional way opening the main menu then clicking on the icon.

The following 4 users liked this post by jwt873:
BrandonSmith (06-26-2024), ChrisHo (Yesterday), jlelliott (06-26-2024), Shamann (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 09:49 PM
Shamann
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Erratikmind
I recently switched to the Tour screen display. This affords me my CarPlay and all the data that I need without switching back and forth.

I don’t need the Tach feature.
This is the answer. Just set it today and yup, has everything I need. I even prefer the digital MPH.
Thank you sir.

The following users liked this post:
Erratikmind (06-27-2024)
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM
mrlexus
Road Captain
Received 180 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamann
This is the answer. Just set it today and yup, has everything I need. I even prefer the digital MPH.
Thank you sir.
I could live with the tour mode 95% of the time if they even just had a little digital tach under the MPH. I switch to it when I'm out on the superslab, but prefer the Sport view most of the time. I wish they had a survey to ask users what they would like to see changed on the display, the MOCO made some dumb decisions. I wonder if the programmers that set up the layout(s) even ride or travel on a motorcycle. They obviously don't use the GPS.

The following 2 users liked this post by mrlexus:
bill from tn (Yesterday), willcasp (Yesterday)