General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle - What does it mean to you?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 02:27 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,676 Likes on 803 Posts
Default Screamin’ Eagle - What does it mean to you?

First post pointed out it’s not Screaming Eagle… ok.

We all know that Screamin Eagle is Harleys in-house product, revenue stream for performance modifications to compete with after market.. This helps the factory compete with the aftermarket world in making money.

I guess we get the eagle represents freedom, power, strength, speed. And I suppose the screaming part is sort of like a lions roar. Kind of like flaunting their power and speed all at once.

Your reasons for choosing Screamin Eagle or not choosing Screaming Eagle probably vary greatly.

Camp A may like Screamin Eagle because they feel it’s a safe bet. The factory would have us believe that it means that it’s under warranty and that if you go a different route, you won’t be. The odd part of that is the factories kind of selective as to whether or not they’re going to honor that warranty when you use their own in-house product.

Camp B may choose it because they reason who else other than the factory would know what would be the very best product or they feel that it’s the safest product to make the additional power with because the factory was involved.

Camp C might choose it because they could roll it into their financing.

Now, there are many that would not choose Screamin Eagle. And their reasons might look something like this:

Camp D think it’s Anemic watered down, mild performance, that you pay top dollar for.

Camp E feel the service center has been less than stellar, and they would choose to go to independent shops. Who don’t really want to use screamin Eagle. Why would I let the factory strong arm me and threaten me into using their product?

Camp F These guys do a lot of research or trial and error and know their are more affective and less expensive products

Which Camp are you in? Does it give you pause when you see coats, T-shirts and racing logos that say screaming Eagle? When you see somebody wearing a screamin Eagle jacket or screamin eagle T-shirt, do you think “this guy is proud of mediocre. He’s actually flaunting that he chose less power and paid more for it because he wasn’t able to do it himself and needed the dealer to do it.”

Or, on the other hand, do you think that some of the screamin Eagle products are pretty good. They’re well-made, well thought out and are of a good value?

What does Screamin Eagle mean to you?

Last edited by Rains2much; 06-17-2024 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 02:33 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member
Default Screaming Eagle - What does it mean to you?

We all know that Screaming Eagle is Harleys in-house product, revenue stream for performance modifications to compete with after market.. This helps the factory compete with the aftermarket world in making money.

I guess we get the eagle represents freedom, power, strength, speed. And I suppose the screaming part is sort of like a lions roar. Kind of like flaunting their power and speed all at once.

Your reasons for choosing Screaming Eagle or not choosing Screaming Eagle probably very greatly.

Camp A may like Screaming Eagle because they feel it’s a safe bet. The factory would have us believe that it means that it’s under warranty and that if you go a different route, you won’t be. The odd part of that is the factories kind of selective as to whether or not they’re going to honor that warranty when you use their own in-house product.

Camp B may choose it because the reason who else other than the factory would know what would be the very best product or they feel that it’s the safest product to make the additional power with because the factory was involved.

Camp C might choose it because they could roll it into their financing.

Now, there are many that would not choose Screaming Eagle. And their reasons might look something like this:

Camp D think it’s Anemic water down, mild performance, that you pay top dollar for.

Camp E feel the service center has been less than stellar, and they would choose to go to independent shops. We don’t really want to use screaming Eagle.

Camp F These guys do a lot of research or trial and error and know their are more affordable and less expensive products

Which Camp are you in? Does it give you pause when you see coats, T-shirts and racing logos that say screaming Eagle? When you see somebody wearing a screaming Eagle jacket or screaming eagle T-shirt, do you think “this guy is proud of mediocre. He’s actually flaunting that he chose less power and paid more for it because he wasn’t able to do it himself and needed the dealer to do it.”

Or, on the other hand, do you think that some of the screaming Eagle products are pretty good. They’re well-made, well thought out and are of a good value?

What does Screaming Eagle mean to you?

Old 06-17-2024, 02:34 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

It's not Screaming Eagle; it's Screamin' Eagle. lol

The following users liked this post:
Dynamick (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:38 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,608 Likes on 2,727 Posts

There are few things I think about less.

The following 6 users liked this post by Keithhu:
blu92in99 (06-21-2024), bson (06-19-2024), Buelligan666 (06-17-2024), eighteight (06-18-2024), Mongo1958 (06-18-2024), MXJunky (06-19-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,216 Likes on 3,428 Posts

I'm in Camp G, the guys who know that Harley calls it Screamin' Eagle, not Screaming Eagle

But seriously, when it came time to choose parts for the Stage 2 upgrade on my M8 Street Glide I chose S&S, not the Eagle. There was no way I was putting Harley lifters back into my engine.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dynamick:
Mongo1958 (06-18-2024), smitty901 (06-17-2024), WorkForIt (06-23-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:41 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
It's not Screaming Eagle; it's Screamin' Eagle. lol
So it is… never noticed before.

Xcrossbow (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:41 PM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 762 Likes on 328 Posts

Screaming Eagle - What does it mean to you?

It means I better keep an eye on my chickens!!!

Mongo1958 (06-18-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:42 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Keithhu
There are few things I think about less.
sure is a good thing you took your valuable time and responded to a thread you care so little about.

Keithhu (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:43 PM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,800 Likes on 1,199 Posts

101st Airborne Division always come to mind first. Then H-D Motor Company.

The following 7 users liked this post by tngarren:
byersmtrco (06-19-2024), Cap77 (06-17-2024), EasyTargetRN (06-17-2024), Paintslinger16 (06-17-2024), smitty901 (06-17-2024), TexasScooterTrash (06-17-2024), Xcrossbow (06-17-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:44 PM
Rains2much
Stellar HDF Member

Be nice if more could talk about the topic instead of being so bothered about Screaming vs Screamin’

Guess Ill have to edit everything?

Last edited by Rains2much; 06-17-2024 at 02:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle - What does it mean to you?