Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Rinehart and no Cat

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 04:23 PM
MillerTimeTTTF
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rinehart and no Cat

2023 Road Glide 114
will de catting your stock header and running rinehart dbx45 lower your back pressure too much?

Old 05-22-2024, 01:07 PM
Todd1113
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

You'll maybe loose a little on the lower end torque but that can be fixed with the fuel moto tuning baffles or like I did is modified the Rinehart baffle to add backpressure.

Old 05-22-2024, 01:09 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,268 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Backpressure is a term that might get you shot around here

Yes, the Rineharts are best performing when used with a tuneable insert like the Fuel Moto 6" insert.

It works well, you can ditch the heat of the cat, and not over-scavenge as you would with a wide open pipe and no baffles.

I run them, they sound great. There are better systems out there, it just depends on what your goals are. Rineharts with a good cam do sound great

The following users liked this post:
Todd1113 (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 01:29 PM
MillerTimeTTTF
6th Gear

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
Backpressure is a term that might get you shot around here

Yes, the Rineharts are best performing when used with a tuneable insert like the Fuel Moto 6" insert.

It works well, you can ditch the heat of the cat, and not over-scavenge as you would with a wide open pipe and no baffles.

I run them, they sound great. There are better systems out there, it just depends on what your goals are. Rineharts with a good cam do sound great
I did just install a woods 22xe and it sounds great. and a fuel moto map. Only thing i didnt install was the baffles. And im not sure how much to bend to increase/decrease back pressure.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:05 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member

Originally Posted by MillerTimeTTTF
I did just install a woods 22xe and it sounds great. and a fuel moto map. Only thing i didnt install was the baffles. And im not sure how much to bend to increase/decrease back pressure.
Which baffles? The DBXs have a perforated core (baffle), you left those out?? Put them in...stat.
do you also have the Fuel Moto inserts I mentioned?

Old 05-22-2024, 07:11 PM
MillerTimeTTTF
6th Gear

Which baffles? The DBXs have a perforated core (baffle), you left those out?? Put them in...stat.
do you also have the Fuel Moto inserts I mentioned?
The baffles in the slip ons are the ones that came with it. I never removed any baffles. I have the 6inch fuel moto baffles on hand, but not installed, didn't want to create too much back pressure with the rinehart baffles and the additional FM 6inch baffles too. Do I need both or will the rinehart baffles be enough?

Old 05-22-2024, 07:25 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member

Originally Posted by MillerTimeTTTF
The baffles in the slip ons are the ones that came with it. I never removed any baffles. I have the 6inch fuel moto baffles on hand, but not installed, didn't want to create too much back pressure with the rinehart baffles and the additional FM 6inch baffles too. Do I need both or will the rinehart baffles be enough?
You have to run both. You just drill a hole in the Rinehart baffle, and bolt in the insert. You can open the FM insert tongue all the way. You will not be disappointed, especially with that cam.

You can reach out to FM and have them send you a tune for the inserts being installed, it will run just fine.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:28 PM
MillerTimeTTTF
6th Gear

You have to run both. You just drill a hole in the Rinehart baffle, and bolt in the insert. You can open the FM insert tongue all the way. You will not be disappointed, especially with that cam.

You can reach out to FM and have them send you a tune for the inserts being installed, it will run just fine.
Thank you. The tune they sent was for the baffles installed. I just wasn't sure where to adjust the tongue to. But you suggest open all the way making it a straight pass through?
appreciate all your help. Thank you

Old 05-22-2024, 07:38 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member

No, I meant bend it down until it touches the end of the tongue. Rineharts are wide open, you need the inserts to keep your torque.

You can play around with them later. I have mine half open, my buddy with the same cam as you has his open like I mentioned above, it's a torque monster.

Old Today, 08:26 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd1113
You'll maybe loose a little on the lower end torque but that can be fixed with the fuel moto tuning baffles or like I did is modified the Rinehart baffle to add backpressure.
What did you do? I have DK torque inserts in my Dyna with straight shots and massive differences there..

I have rinehart's on the RK and was wondering if I could ad those. Rinehart didn't understand why or what I wanted to do with there baffle for more torque

Quick Reply: Rinehart and no Cat