Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani 2x2 dual head pipe pn#1F14A

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017 | 03:29 PM
fournierrandy
|
Advanced
Default Bassani 2x2 dual head pipe pn#1F14A

Just curious if anyone has the headpipe. Thoughts? Comments? Pictures or comments on O2 sensor location. Looks like a decent headpipe for the price for keeping stock heat shields. Thinking of going to this from my stock decatted head pipe. I have the v&h titan os 450's. I can get head pipe for $450 canadian. Many other options are crazy expensive due to the low cad dollar.

http://www.bassani.com/part/1F14A

Old 02-15-2017 | 08:55 AM
fournierrandy
|
Advanced

no one knows?? maybe its new as i cannot find much information on it.

Old 02-15-2017 | 10:20 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

I have one sitting on the floor ready for install once my engine parts get here.

Old 02-15-2017 | 10:34 AM
jake24lt
Stellar HDF Member
Thumbs up Bassani

I put one on my 2016 FLHX. Fit perfect withe exception of the crossover pipe that feeds the left side muffler. Had to do a little tweak to get the bolt that goes through the bracket( that is welded to the pipe) to thread into the oil pan.
The Harley bracket wraps around the pipe and can be moved. Heat shields fit well and no leaks at all.

2 things I liked about the kit were, that it comes with both sets of O2 bungs. Stock location (narrow band) and wide band up by the exhaust ports. It has plugs for both.

Also the crossover pipe that runs from the right side to the left side feeding the left muffler, is a round full sized pipe and not the piece Harley installs that looks like someone smashed it with a sledge hammer! Not sure why Harley chose to do that seeing as the oil pan hangs down lower than the pipe anyway.

Old 02-15-2017 | 03:51 PM
fournierrandy
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by SgtMic
I have one sitting on the floor ready for install once my engine parts get here.
Can you please snap some pictures of each side for me? I want to see where the 02 ports are.

Old 02-15-2017 | 08:30 PM
Kburgad
Tourer

I'm gonna get one for my 09 as soon as I'm done with all my cosmetic mods. Prob next winter. Bassani pipes are always high quality. Gonna change my Rineharts for dnt as well.

Old 02-16-2017 | 05:49 AM
jake24lt
Stellar HDF Member
Default O2 Bung locations

This is a stock picture, but the locations are pretty clear.

Attached Thumbnails Bassani 2x2 dual head pipe pn#1F14A-bassani.jpg  
Old 02-16-2017 | 08:37 AM
fournierrandy
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by jake24lt
This is a stock picture, but the locations are pretty clear.
I was hoping to see how far back the narrow band 02's are back from the collector because if they are too close they could possibly cause crosstalk with 02 sensors

Old 02-16-2017 | 08:46 AM
jake24lt
Stellar HDF Member
Default O2 location

The narrow band ( stock) o2 sensors are in the same location as the ones that came on the bike in relation to the pipe. Not to mention, the output is measured in milli-amps, not sure how you would get "cross talk" Also the wires that come from the sensors run right next to each other anyway. I am running the pipe with no issues.

Old 02-16-2017 | 03:14 PM
fournierrandy
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by jake24lt
The narrow band ( stock) o2 sensors are in the same location as the ones that came on the bike in relation to the pipe. Not to mention, the output is measured in milli-amps, not sure how you would get "cross talk" Also the wires that come from the sensors run right next to each other anyway. I am running the pipe with no issues.

hey, I am not talking cross talk with the Electrical part of the 02 sensors. If they are placed to close to the collector the 2 02 sensors can pick up the wrong exhaust gasses causing false 02 reading. Google it and you will find alot to read on it. There is a debate about this on the Decatted factory head pipes.

Quick Reply: Bassani 2x2 dual head pipe pn#1F14A