Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals on 07 ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
ytsultra
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default true duals on 07 ultra?

which brand of true duals does everyone use and what tuner is needed to run the exhaust?and can these mods be done by an individual instead of the dealer?i like the look and sound of the rineharts exhaust....any suggestions?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: true duals on 07 ultra?

Get ready to lose some low-end torque with the true duals. I went back to the stock system and noticed an immediate difference even before retuning.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:11 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

You'll get lots of opinions on switching to tru duals, 2-1, stock headers with slipons,etc.
Yes you can do it yourself. Not a big deal. An extra set of hands helps when headers are involved.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 PM
ytsultra
Cruiser

what is reccomended for true dual sound ? i have screaming eagle slip ons and would like it louder..

Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 AM
BaggerSam
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find another exhaust system.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 PM
ytsultra
Cruiser

i love the sound of the rinehart true duals but dont want to lose any power......will the vance+hines fuel pak be a good tuner?

Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YTSUltra: Do you have an '07? The SERT works great with the 07s. It usesthe O2 sensors. Since better than 90% of your riding will be inclosed loop with the O2 sensors controlling the fuel management it is a definiteplus. Anyone that tells you different does not know EFI tuning orare selling an outdated product that cannot interface with the O2 sensors. Instead of investing in the newest technology they will feed you someBS line to better their outdatedproduct.SERT is great for the DYI and can be used by anyone who has some basic tuning knowledge. No dealer or dyno required. It isthe mostflexible and Complete EFI tuning product out there. It can grow as your bike progresses.

The two biggest drawbacks to SERT are. It costmore and it is married to one bike. If you plan on selling you ride in the near futureand returning the bike to stock this is something you need to know. OtherwiseI would highly recommend it. A good Air Cleaner,Exhaust and a Laptop you can down loada Stage 1 Map in your garage and your good to go. (Since your still using the O2 sensors no need for an exact match). Ifdown the roadyou sink some serious coininto your motor you can take it to a professional and have it dyno tuned and get the mostout of your hard earned cash.

Got this info from another thread.

Peace,

Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Stash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bassani true duals.....HD race tuner......SE air....Dyno tuned......Runs Great!!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just going to duals will make your mufflers a little louder.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
ytsultra
Cruiser

yea i have a 07 white gold pearl ultra classic......i bought it last monday.....i have 250 miles on it so far.....i love it....i had a vrod before it.....it was my beginners bike!i added the slash down screaming eagles at the dealership.....better than stock but not by much.

Quick Reply: true duals on 07 ultra?