Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Seat Talk

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 11:40 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Maybe its just me but I have found that after a few hours in the saddle even on a comfortable seat (old style hammock) my butt need to breathe from sitting on the leather/vinyl. I tried cloth and beads which helps but are ugly as all get out. I found a demo road zeppelin low profile and had it recovered. No miles on it yet since it is just too cold here in Indiana to get out yet but I cat wait to get this out on the road. I like the fact that I can pump air to adjust it and the water resistant cloth cover appeals to me too. I have a 2018 ann. standard sg so I had them add the blue stitching to the cover.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:36 PM
CageyKG
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I’m 5’8”, 175#, with a 30” inseam and I hated the Mustang because it felt like I was sitting on top of the tank. I next tried the Hammock and the CVO heated and both of them sat me in the right position but up too high. My wife didn’t like any of them because of how wide the seats were. Finally ordered the Corbin Dual Tour and absolutely loved it. Right width, right height, and right position (for both of us). Plus, the real leather construction makes a difference in the summer. I have always used Bead Rider seat beads to stay comfortable and cool...never once considered putting them on the Corbin. Road from NH to TNthis last summer, averaging 400-500 miles a day and never needed a break because of the seat.

Like people have said, seats are a VERY subjective thing, what’s right for me and my body size may not be right for someone that is taller and heavier than me and vice versa.

Old 02-10-2018, 12:56 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Seat's are like sex the first time with a woman, you have to ride on it to know what your getting , experience varies per individual.

Dead serious about this.

The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
highwayman1224 (02-10-2018), Tony P (04-20-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 01:20 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Seat's are like sex the first time with a woman, you have to ride on it to know what your getting , experience varies per individual.

Dead serious about this.
More true words regarding seats were never said. Besides the stock seat for my RGS I have a Corbin dual tour. Very firm, almost to the point of being uncomfortable after a couple hours but may be my 180 pound weight. I am shocked at how many people mention Mustang as of late. IMO they used to make some of the best seats out there but company restructure made quality suffer dramatically as far as I am concerned. I know OP is looking for a dual seat and I have no experience with anything other than their solo but the Danny Gray Airhawk is awesome when properly adjusted with just the right amount of air, which is very little. My sig pic has the Corbin and this one is the DG.

Old 02-10-2018, 01:30 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 778 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
More true words regarding seats were never said. Besides the stock seat for my RGS I have a Corbin dual tour. Very firm, almost to the point of being uncomfortable after a couple hours but may be my 180 pound weight. I am shocked at how many people mention Mustang as of late. IMO they used to make some of the best seats out there but company restructure made quality suffer dramatically as far as I am concerned. I know OP is looking for a dual seat and I have no experience with anything other than their solo but the Danny Gray Airhawk is awesome when properly adjusted with just the right amount of air, which is very little. My sig pic has the Corbin and this one is the DG.

[IMG]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/1500x2000/80-rg_front_612357e7ca3f767f4ccbe739be2d

Do you happen to know the par number for your Danny Gray. Is it 21-418DAIR if it is thats the seat I've been considering.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:47 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Originally Posted by SWMB
Do you happen to know the par number for your Danny Gray. Is it 21-418DAIR if it is thats the seat I've been considering.
Sorry but already had the seat off once today adding the CD brake module. If I get time tomorrow I will try to confirm part #.

But it is sexy ain't it?

Just wait until the upcoming mods get on. Crikey, I am such a junky....

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 02-10-2018 at 02:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SWMB (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 06:46 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior

It really is one sharp looking seat.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:59 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Originally Posted by SWMB
Sorry, not even close. FWIW I got it from a forum member here.

The following users liked this post:
SWMB (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 10:54 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
I guess I am lucky, the stock seat gives me no issues. For the first few months after a couple of hours my lower back would ache. However, after adding the backrest that problem went away. I would really like to add the highway pegs to stretch out a little on long interstate rides. I've had surgery on both knees from old football injuries and rodeoing when I was young and dumb. I fear being able to quickly get my feet back to the boards could be an issue in an emergency situation.

Maybe, I don't know what a better seat actually is and am just content with the stock seat.
I'm not a saddle snob at all. Never have changed out a saddle on a bike because of comfort or aesthetic issues in my life. But that stock King saddle had to go! It pushed and held me right up on the tank. Not so bad in and of itself. But after 50 miles or so the pain would start, then the relief of numbness, then the I can't walk scenario had it's turn. Then back to pain. The wife was fine with the stock seat and backrest.

I got a tallboy seat at a local dealer and I'm all better. With multiple back injuries and being a frog butt a certain amount of discomfort will always be there. It lets me set back a bit farther and keeps my junk off the tank unless I want to be up close to the tank say when riding gravel/dirt roads, sliding the King around a bit or need to be up and down on the boards.

It tighten up the wifes quarters a tad fore and aft. But it's wider so she's good with it.

Hwy pegs are what keeps my lower back liveable on the King. I installed mine where getting to the rear brake old school pick up pedal is. I need to get a extended or shortened, just say semi modern brake lever. Lets face it you are already having to do a leg lift to get to the rear brake lever. So if you get your hwy pegs set right you have a leg fall to the pedal.

Good Luck

Old 02-11-2018, 10:26 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Sorry, not even close. FWIW I got it from a forum member here.

Thanks for looking up your part number. When I went to the Dennis Kirk webpage and typed in your number it brought up the 21-418DAIR so it looks like there the same seat. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Another Seat Talk