Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are people going to continue making thug/club style bikes with the new softails?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 03:29 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

The funniest thing about all of this is if there was still a Dyna platform and someone made one of these “new softails” custom in their garage, everyone would be drooling over it.

Come on- if some dude figured out how to put a sport bike monoshock on a Dyna, inverted the forks and put a 114” in it, you be all over it 3 years ago. Since it’s built for the masses and called a softail, the hate flows.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:01 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
The funniest thing about all of this is if there was still a Dyna platform and someone made one of these “new softails” custom in their garage, everyone would be drooling over it.

Come on- if some dude figured out how to put a sport bike monoshock on a Dyna, inverted the forks and put a 114” in it, you be all over it 3 years ago. Since it’s built for the masses and called a softail, the hate flows.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:33 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I think that the concept was good, the execution could have been better. The bikes are too small for anyone over 5’8” and for a bike that is so smooth and good handling, why the tiny and ugly fuel tanks?

As much as I can appreciate the forward thinking on the new models, they would be far too uncomfortable for me to ride, so I guess I’ll stick with my dyna or one day go back to a Roadglide.

The following 2 users liked this post by rideon:
DynaKid94 (01-24-2018), SixDD (10-09-2019)
Old 01-24-2018, 05:33 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985

My guess is it wouldn't have that fugly rear section if it was fashioned out of a "true" dyna frame, but that's just me. They shouldn't have called it a softail and that swingarm just doesn't look right on the former dyna models. It's not that it is being produced for the masses (I think it's a good thing in the long run) it's just ****ing ugly, though I'm sure there will be a solution for this in the near future.

The funniest thing, really, is that we keep coming back to this same conversation how many months later?

Last edited by DynaKid94; 01-24-2018 at 05:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SixDD (01-25-2018)
Old 10-09-2019, 02:03 AM
Poser Ana
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DR will make a good platform for new school club bike. Me Like Put mid´s, step up saddle and t-sport fairing with square light and you definitely got it !

Old 10-09-2019, 07:17 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Poser Ana

DR will make a good platform for new school club bike. Me Like Put mid´s, step up saddle and t-sport fairing with square light and you definitely got it !
Lol, that thing ugly! Sorry but it is. It’s like when a vrod trying to be a club style. Just don’t 😂😂😂

The following 3 users liked this post by Bob_fxdb:
ABQ-Jammer (10-09-2019), Highwaymans (10-09-2019), tgmotoman (10-11-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:47 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 287 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
Lol, that thing ugly! Sorry but it is. It’s like when a vrod trying to be a club style. Just don’t 😂😂😂
You have to remember club style on the Europe side is different than the states.

Poser Ana, That bike looks good, and I'm sure it handles better than most.

To each their own....

Dave

Old 10-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by TOE_CUTTER
You have to remember club style on the Europe side is different than the states.

Poser Ana, That bike looks good, and I'm sure it handles better than most.

To each their own....

Dave
I’m a European
yes I agree with to each their own, but you can’t call a tomato for an apple. That model is not the right base for a club style, not even a good base for that kind of style and driving.

Old 10-10-2019, 03:28 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Poser Ana

get rid of that ridiculously large air cleaner to show off the motor , add the new Softail Quarter Fairing (may need some bracket work to get it to fit) and you have a decent looking FXDR (IMHO) unlike the ugly stock bike (IMHO) . still needs some aftermarket company to come along and do something about the tail section .

disclaimer:IMHO's added because i'm sure some people bought FXDRs and like them the way they are . and it's certainly not my intention to say or imply that you're wrong . your money , your bike !

Old 10-18-2019, 05:48 PM
GomezAddaams
Cruiser
Received 149 Likes on 65 Posts

It's been a few months, but glad to see some things never change! #fxdrhate Nice Bike @Poser Ana

Quick Reply: Are people going to continue making thug/club style bikes with the new softails?