Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 01:49 PM
ApexRider
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

^ well look who's having all the fun!

Are you at all close to Raleigh, DBrevit?

Old 12-01-2017, 02:22 PM
DBrevit
Advanced
Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexRider
^ well look who's having all the fun!

Are you at all close to Raleigh, DBrevit?
20 minutes north of Hillsborough off 86.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:16 PM
ApexRider
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DBrevit
20 minutes north of Hillsborough off 86.
I know that area. Ever ride up to VIR to watch some roadracing?

in keeping with the theme of the thread, I've been riding every possible moment I can, really enjoying this bike, and dreading the awful winter days ahead. Hopefully the weather will hold out for the toy run in Raleigh tomorrow morning! RPHD at 9AM, y'all!

Old 12-01-2017, 09:13 PM
BulldogLEO
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default From awesome fall ride to the hunt for my license plate

It has been not too cold so I decided to ride instead of drive to my local gun range for some practice. Had a nice hour of shooting and rode home. When I got home I got off my bike and looked at my fender and total disbelief saw my plate was missing. Jumped into my car and backtracked my way back to the range. I honestly could not remember if I saw it getting on the bike and didn't know if it was stolen at the range - bad luck they had no cameras where I parked - sooo back in the car and back on the hunt for the return ride. As I was thinking wow this was not how I wanted one of my last rides to be this season. And oh man I would have rather spend that money on upgrades not replacing my plate.

All of a sudden I see the gleaming beauty of metal coming off some leaves off to the side of the road. Stopped got out said another prayer and boom license plate found! Got home got new washers and really wrenched it back on. Guess the good old harley vibes unspun it the first time now looking at weather for this weekend so I can have a nice season end ride I do know one thing - lesson learned check your nuts/bolts/screws on the plate holder and elsewhere before riding now.

Happy and safe riding all!

Old 12-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by BulldogLEO
It has been not too cold so I decided to ride instead of drive to my local gun range for some practice. Had a nice hour of shooting and rode home. When I got home I got off my bike and looked at my fender and total disbelief saw my plate was missing. Jumped into my car and backtracked my way back to the range. I honestly could not remember if I saw it getting on the bike and didn't know if it was stolen at the range - bad luck they had no cameras where I parked - sooo back in the car and back on the hunt for the return ride. As I was thinking wow this was not how I wanted one of my last rides to be this season. And oh man I would have rather spend that money on upgrades not replacing my plate.

All of a sudden I see the gleaming beauty of metal coming off some leaves off to the side of the road. Stopped got out said another prayer and boom license plate found! Got home got new washers and really wrenched it back on. Guess the good old harley vibes unspun it the first time now looking at weather for this weekend so I can have a nice season end ride I do know one thing - lesson learned check your nuts/bolts/screws on the plate holder and elsewhere before riding now.

Why end your season? As long as it's not snowing really bad keep riding!

Old 12-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Grey_Beard
Tourer
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts

Loctite is a Harley's best friend! The power of prayer is man's best friend!

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 12:49 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,007 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Sounds like a fun day...riding and shooting!

Glad you found your plate.

Thread locker and/or lock washers will fix that for you.

Have fun riding this weekend.

July 4th Patriotic Biker Bundle - Get Yours HERE

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-02-2017, 02:17 PM
fugno
Road Captain
Received 326 Likes on 163 Posts

Well it was a nice day so I decided to try a new map in the ol' tuner. I gave her a ride down the highway and back, she was purrin like a kitten. I let her cool off while I raked leaves and started her up to see how she idles cold (perfect)! There is a family next door that sits in their front yard smoking cigarettes all day long one of them is an old lady around 80 with no teeth, when I shut the bike off I could hear her hollering "that things been running for hours". Maybe they will stay in their house and stop staring at me every time I come out of mine.

P.S. they're gonna love me when I start riding it to work!

Last edited by fugno; 12-02-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Turbomunkey
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

I bought mine today, my second. 1997 with 18k miles. Runs well but the previous owners didn’t take care of it; dings, scratches, chips all over. However dude I bought it from redid the forks, riser, oils, carb, and new front tire. For 2400 bucks I’m gonna ride it till the wheels fall off.

The following users liked this post:
priell3 (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 06:38 AM
johnny_bravo00
Road Captain
Received 285 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbomunkey
I bought mine today, my second. 1997 with 18k miles. Runs well but the previous owners didn’t take care of it; dings, scratches, chips all over. However dude I bought it from redid the forks, riser, oils, carb, and new front tire. For 2400 bucks I’m gonna ride it till the wheels fall off.

Looks good from here! Sounds like mechanically she was well taken care of. Congrats on the new wheels.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?