Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruel

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 07:56 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts

Really, Shorts? Some flip-flops in there too somewhere? Maybe a tank-top as well?

The following users liked this post:
frenchbiker (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Yeah, right! That's like saying you're glad the Bills are in the AFC East so you can cheer for the Sabres in Jan.
HA! I like my winter activities just as much as riding in the summer. That’s the key to enjoying it all. Everyone from the southern states always say how they couldn’t live where there’s snow, and a lot of people from the north always say they want to get the hell away from it. Me? I’m bitching because it’s not cold enough to make good ice on the lakes for fishing! With the temps we’re having now, it’ll be another year gone with no good ice since the water temps are still way too warm.

I also hunt small game all winter, ski, hike, and honestly don’t mind shoveling the driveway and sidewalks since I don’t have to mow the lawn every 4 days!

As a side note, the Bills and Sabres are all hacks. I watch the Bills for entertainment to see how bad they can mess up their season. The Sabres...I can’t even stomach watching them.

Last edited by Cygnusx51; 12-02-2017 at 08:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Just Me (12-04-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 08:01 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,520 Likes on 648 Posts

Got in 120 miles yesterday to clear my head; temps around 65. But I remember the 27 winters in Rochester, NY so I feel for all of you in the Great White North areas.

Stay strong and drink heavily. Spring is coming!

Old 12-02-2017, 08:39 AM
miles miles miles
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ride in NEPA all year till salt trucks come out then its time to pack it up and ride the Caribbean. Check out ETA motorcycle cruises.. Take your own bike and ride the islands.. Helps me get past the 4 months minimum of the nasty north east winter season..

Old 12-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face My sincerest sympathies...

It would kill me to have to button up my bike or RV for months at a time. Living in southern Arizona we get to ride about 350 days a year. Yes, it gets hot in the summer... just like everywhere else, we just head out at dawn or up to the higher elevations.

Arizona has more than its share of mountains {the average elevation is something north of 4,000'} but the high country is off of my riding list until spring. Fortunately, there are lots of desert roads to explore.

Living in Arizona has a number of other benefits... the lower cost of living {taxes, utilities, housing etc.} gun friendly state and being positioned so that travel in just about any direction offers unbelievable beauty and opportunity for adventure. If you get the chance come on out this winter and rent a bike for some serious fun. After 12 years here I know I will never go back to California to live.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:13 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by svarnster
I would hate to have to winterize my bikes. It just seems cruel. December 1st and was riding today in shorts. 75 degrees.
I agree! Yesterday was an awesome day up here in the Midlands of SC as well, plus I was off from work BUT darn it, by the time I finished everything I wanted to get done, the sun was setting, I should have put it off until today and went out yesterday but oh well, sooner or later it will happen...

Old 12-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
I should have put it off until today and went out yesterday but oh well, sooner or later it will happen...
I HATE regrets. Which is why I’ve learned to ride first, and all else is second.

Unless it happens to be something the missus is ‘suggesting’. I like to sleep with BOTH eyes closed.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:00 AM
not yours
Club Member
Received 3,034 Likes on 929 Posts

Winterize my Bike? WTF is that? Lol just kidding I live in South Texas I don’t think we do that here.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,525 Likes on 6,272 Posts

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be”.

Its definitely enjoyable able to have weather like San Diego. But their are many pleasures of Winter that People don’t understand. I could go on and on about them. Main thing is you can’t stay inside and get Cabin fever. I curl twice a week.
And absence makes the heart grow fonder. In the Spring, I’ll commute 10 miles in 37 degree weather. By Fall I’ll pass. Not worth all the gearing up.
Enjoy what you got.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,525 Likes on 6,272 Posts

Most folks don’t get to build their own Hockey Field of Dreams. Saw this walking my dog near my daughter’s house, in LaCrosse Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: cruel