General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woooot.2018 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,694 Likes on 1,470 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
I just got my 1000 mile service today.

Can't say enough about how awesome this bike it, light, great throttle response, excellent brakes, fast, windshield height works for me, bags are plenty big enough and I like how they lock. My only meh is the seat, it's not as comfortable as the earlier Heritage seats and my tailbone is hurting after an hour. I might see if I can get it cut out at the tailbone area.
Good info, thank you. I regularly do 500 to 700 mile days and absolutely need a comfortable seat.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:20 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

Originally Posted by Pothole914
Good info, thank you. I regularly do 500 to 700 mile days and absolutely need a comfortable seat.

You may like it, a butt for every seat.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:19 PM
mctraveler
Road Master
Received 321 Likes on 250 Posts

WOW!!!! great looking bike......ride safe and enjoy the miles!!!! ....thanks for the photos

Old 10-13-2017, 06:38 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,139 Likes on 12,205 Posts

Congrats!

I demo'd the Heritage, the Fat Boy, and the Fat Bob. Of the 3 I liked the Heritage the most which isn't what I expected. It's extremely nimble and moves out unlike any Harley I've ridden save the V-rod. The only downside was it's size - too small for me. Which probably makes it perfect for you.

Enjoy!

Old 10-13-2017, 07:05 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeRides
I talked to the service manager and was told my warranty would be safe if I got one of the 2-3 brands they sell and let them install it. Vance & Hines and Bassani were two of the choices. I'll really research that beforehand, just to be sure.
No offense... But when it comes to warranty coverage, I wouldn't put any stock into what the dealer says. Is the dealer going to still cover it if HD denies the warranty claim?

Basically, it boils down to - if you play around and install anything that isn't EPA compliant - as far as HD is concerned - you've just flushed the entire power train warranty. HD has and will void it.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:06 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 985 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
I just got my 1000 mile service today.

Can't say enough about how awesome this bike it, light, great throttle response, excellent brakes, fast, windshield height works for me, bags are plenty big enough and I like how they lock. My only meh is the seat, it's not as comfortable as the earlier Heritage seats and my tailbone is hurting after an hour. I might see if I can get it cut out at the tailbone area.
One thing you might consider is Forwards.
I couldn't get comfortable on my '09, '12 or my '16 until I put them on my '16. Man what a difference.
It sat my butt down on the seat instead of being perched up on my tailbone.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:09 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

My seat was bugging me too but it seems to have broken in better with more miles.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:19 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by T^2
No offense... But when it comes to warranty coverage, I wouldn't put any stock into what the dealer says. Is the dealer going to still cover it if HD denies the warranty claim?

Basically, it boils down to - if you play around and install anything that isn't EPA compliant - as far as HD is concerned - you've just flushed the entire power train warranty. HD has and will void it.
No offense taken! I don't trust the dealer, that's why I'll research it through several avenues before I seriously consider the pipes. When I had my mechanic install the V&H Pro Pipes on my '12 Fat Boy Lo within a few months of buying it, this same dealer had no problems with it and my warranty was safe. The only thing they asked was if my mechanic was Harley trained (he is) so maybe that was why. However with the new exhaust design, I'm not sure what all is involved. So I'll definitely keep the whole warranty issue in mind. Hope I don't have to listen to this sewing machine for that long!

Old 10-15-2017, 10:39 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeRides
No offense taken! I don't trust the dealer, that's why I'll research it through several avenues before I seriously consider the pipes. When I had my mechanic install the V&H Pro Pipes on my '12 Fat Boy Lo within a few months of buying it, this same dealer had no problems with it and my warranty was safe.The only thing they asked was if my mechanic was Harley trained (he is) so maybe that was why. However with the new exhaust design, I'm not sure what all is involved. So I'll definitely keep the whole warranty issue in mind. Hope I don't have to listen to this sewing machine for that long!
With HD's run in with the EPA, the big fine, and the consent decree, it's a new ballgame now. Regardless what the dealer said, HD is not playing around now. So as noted, if you replace anything with something that's not EPA complaint, you'll be on your own. Just thought you should know the risk.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:08 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by not a sock
One thing you might consider is Forwards.
I couldn't get comfortable on my '09, '12 or my '16 until I put them on my '16. Man what a difference.
It sat my butt down on the seat instead of being perched up on my tailbone.
I thought that is what highway pegs helped? IDK...

Originally Posted by T^2
With HD's run in with the EPA, the big fine, and the consent decree, it's a new ballgame now. Regardless what the dealer said, HD is not playing around now. So as noted, if you replace anything with something that's not EPA complaint, you'll be on your own. Just thought you should know the risk.

Nice bike Lauren!!!

Quick Reply: Woooot.2018 Heritage