Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'18 Fat Bob vs. Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:58 PM
brasher
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

The problem with the 110 is the heavy valve springs and in turn hurting lifters. The SE lifters are rubbish. If you get 20k out of them anything more is a ticking time bomb.

The review I did hopefully can give an insight just to how good these bikes are. I REALLY wanted to say this bike was a pile of crap. But I'm big enough to admit it's the real deal. The moco has outdone themselves with this bike. It's better than the low rider S without question.

But if the opportunity came around to do a straight swap? I probably wouldn't do it. I love the look of my bike, and have big plans for it.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:30 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
don't play dumb. you know there's more to it than numbers. any smoe with an old mustang or corvette will tell you that.... great big fire breathing monsters that couldn't take a corner to save their lives. no really true anymore but, used to be synonymous with american cars. the veyron is that monster now. big (hp) lummox.

soooo ... why didn't you just go buy a slow, leaky, temperamental, and SOULFUL shovel, pan, or knuckle instead of your 103? you want James Brown, right? why play games.... go get the real deal. a real harley... not your girly twin cam. why didn't you get one of those? you too good to park your bike over cardboard all the time? too good to HAVE to have a tool kit on your bike? c'mon.. be a MAAANN!!, lol. hell, i wouldn't do it. not yet anyway.
Troll at it's best, claps! I see you have got your puppet audience. if only I had time as much as you to write a lengthy post with so much gibberish just for fun of it.

103 is the last of the Mohicans. The best balance between the old and new. I dont need leaks, still get enough time in the garage just for fun.

The new 114 is too smooth, you know that too so dont play dumb

You and I will be here for some time. Will you be buying the FB? Yes? No?

If no then maybe you should shut the loudspeaker for some time and give it a rest. If Yes, then bring it on. Show us the pictures when you do buy.
Put your action where your mouth is, comon.

Last edited by OddJack; 09-20-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:21 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by OddJack

You and I will be here for some time. Will you be buying the FB? Yes? No?

If no then maybe you should shut the loudspeaker for some time and give it a rest. If Yes, then bring it on. Show us the pictures when you do buy.
Put your action where your mouth is, comon.
yes. how many times have i said i will? i don't buy first round and don't buy new. you already knew the answer. stop this trolling schtick.

it's ok if you hate the new stuff. keep rolling your bike. there are tons of folks just like you and you'll have support from that aftermarket for at least 20 years. this player hating needs to stop though.

look at this awesome stuff taking place. cut the hate: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...fat-boy-s.html

Last edited by cvaria; 09-20-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:18 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Brasher,

Nice review and pics. Well considered and worded. Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
brasher (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,448 Likes on 3,881 Posts

I am sorry if I picked on this and you dont like it, but Porsche and Ferrari hard to choose? jeeegzz what's wrong with these people?
Not sure how you got confused about what I posted. You asked about the 2018 FB vs LR S. And what did I say?

"I like both bikes. Both are fine bikes. Hard to say which one I would pick if I had to chose."

Then I used an oft stated maxim about choosing between a Porsche and a Ferrari to illustrate the idea that there is no wrong or bad choice because no matter which car one chooses, the Porsche or the Ferrari, one has a damn nice car.

Same goes for choosing between a 2018 FB and a LR S. No matter which bike one chooses, one will have a damn nice bike.

Never said it was hard to choose between a Porsche or a Ferrari.

Last edited by Ikelove; 09-20-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
talking out school again? it's selling like crazy. at least research before jumping to conclusions. folks are buying those and the the upper end bikes. the street bob (because there is a 107 FB so close in price) and vanilla lr are going largely ignored. sad fate for the low rider... not sure what hd was thinking there but, they did it.

as far as harley feel... have you ridden a 17+ geezerglide or touring bike? accept change, they aren't going to go backwards. sound wise... EPA bro... deal with it. want sound... new pipes so far two brothers and bassani are bringing it. the rest are coming. pretty soon you'll have no legit beefs. just butthurt. ��

it's perfectly ok to say "i just don't like the fat bob" but, the hate has to stop. the 107 and 114 fat bob are driving the innovation and acceptance of the new line. it's sick and basically the "48" of the 2018 softail line.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BY6NqxnH...y=rustybutcher
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZBaK7qn...odc_suspension
I think losing that headlight makes it alot more appealing to me. Looks better sitting there.like that to me. Full size LED off a bagger and risers on that one would look much better then the stocker.

Last edited by Highwaymans; 09-20-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:36 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Another unsold fat bob... to the non-buying public... who will not buy new hds.

aftermarket is following the money. ..

View this post on Instagram

Old 09-21-2017, 11:18 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

I have ridden both.

There is no comparison. What type of riding or style are you looking for?

New FB looks and sounds and rides like a motocross on steroids. The engine size is not as important in this comparison as the riding feel and style is.

The new FB is a loser, mark my words. It's not as good as a full sport bike and does not give you enough of a Harley feel, if at all. It's a product of a desperate brain storm at HD headquarters to come up with a design that clicks with both ends of the spectrum. But it does neither. Best it does is that it sparks some curiosity in showroom visitors who circle it a couple of time and then walk away. I am thinking this thread is doing the same thing. You never intend or will buy a 18 FB,

This FB production wont last for long.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:39 AM
cvaria
Supporter

i was just picking up my sporty w/disappointing dyno and saw new colors of the low rider and street bob, fresh off the land boats.

the street bob, outside those apes, is probably one of the best looking 2018 softails. low rider definitely looks better in red, still not as nice as it could be, them fn lame quasi buck horns and wheels really stink it up. needs to be chromed out and mean. some old school full chrome wheels and or spokes and bring the duals back. somebody will mod them. looking forward to it.

Street bob

Low Rider

Last edited by cvaria; 09-21-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:14 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

That first pic made me just realize something. the new smooth-top tanks are all fuel injected....that means the fuel pump loads in from the bottom. I'd like to see how all that goes together. not a lot of room after you cut out the backbone tunnel.

Quick Reply: '18 Fat Bob vs. Low Rider S