Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Wide VS Dyna Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 02:11 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

Since your a new rider...I'd recommend a bike with less rake. Easier to handle . Fat bob.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:54 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

FatBob... you can thank us later for that big front tire, on less than stellar roads.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:12 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

fatbob or adv bike. wide glide is not the right tool for the job unless you put in some mod work

Old 09-04-2017, 01:56 AM
Crmx
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 fb

Hi, I'm also a recent Harley rider. I have a Fat Bob and although the feet forward position took some getting used to for me, now I wouldn't have it any other way. The bike drives and handles well and is very comfortable - only thing to watch out for is the air filter cover on the right leg which for me at least puts my right leg in a bit of a difficult position but thinking of changing that. The FB really does handle easily contrary to what you might expect when you first see such a beast.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:14 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,651 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Well there you have it! after reading all the replys maybe the fat bob is a better entry level bike. For the record my Fxr does not like pot holes or snake cracked roads either. I have an old cragar rim with an n50 on it maybe I will throw that on it for stability lol! Yes i have done all the handlein mods to the wg. Yes the 80-90 font tire was replaced with 90-90 much better. The Fxr carves better in the twisties( no brainier) but I will take my wide glide on the highway anyday( the rake is stability, I think). I have read a few times over the years guys on here having a wg for a first bike with no problems.ride your fat bob within your means because after all these replys your confidence on wg will be lacking. Buy one of theas (see pictures) you will thank me later lol!

Old 09-04-2017, 05:07 AM
Kaine Dodds
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feed back guys
I think i will lean more towards the fat bob as its probably better suited for what im wanting to use it for. I prob prefer the style of the WG a lot more but south Australia has real bad roads and that 21 inch tyre doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Im new to harley but a experienced rider that stands at 6ft weighing in over 100kg so cant see both bikes being any trouble to be honest. One of the best comments ive read on the fat bob was "shes ugly but she sure can cook" hahahaha That tail to the bob is hard to get me head around tho

Old 09-04-2017, 05:32 AM
Geriden
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I owned a Fat Bob before my current Wide Glide.

The Fat Bob is definitly a more comfortable, stable ride for longer distances, but there is something special bout the Wide Glide i cant put my finger on, but i prefer it by a mile. The skinny pizza cutter at the front does change the handling mildly, but nothing too substantial. Poor road conditiions you will feel the pot holes and bumps slightly more but its still such a pleasure to ride.

Both are excellent bikes and will suit all your needs, i'd advise giving them both a test ride to see which speaks to you more, the difference will be pretty immediate and im sure you'll know right away which is "the one"

Old 09-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Good luck in the land down under! Huge Ac-dc fan here and I'm talking the real ac-dc with Bon Scott!!!

Old 09-04-2017, 10:24 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
FatBob... you can thank us later for that big front tire, on less than stellar roads.
Probability this more than anything.

^^Thats Angus Young btw.^^
They made a lot of money on 3 cords lol!

Last edited by HrdNox; 09-04-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

I know who it is, it was the closes pic to me at the moment .dont care if it was 2 cords, music to my ears!!

Quick Reply: Dyna Wide VS Dyna Fatbob