Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,555 Likes on 818 Posts

A few things today: A smaller air cleaner cover and a tank lift to show off the engine a bit more:

Also new bars, risers, grips, and braided stainless clutch, throttle, and brake lines. This is a similar setup to what I had on the Street Bob before I went to the FL front end, so I know I like the riding position a lot:

Oh yeah, I forgot. I also de-reflectorized it. Frame stickers are next.

Last edited by Crazy; 08-05-2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot something
The following users liked this post:
mirrmu (08-06-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 06:06 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Aye!

I re-positioned the bike in the shop. I can already tell the "betterness" of the progressive springs just by rolling it around in the shop. I set up what I want to do the wiring. Cleaned up the shop a little. Maybe I'll mess with it tomorrow.

::: snip :::
Wait until you ride it with those Progressive heavy springs You will notice immediately the improvement in the front...

Old 08-05-2017, 08:03 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I can hardly wait!

I wired up the right side. Covered the wiring with a sleeve after the shrink wrap then tucked it nicely up in the frame. You can see where the old meets new at the entrance to the frame.

I think I'll go do the other side tonight - need a nice long music break first.

Last edited by SixDD; 08-05-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

I can hardly wait!

I wired up the right side. Covered the wiring with a sleeve after the shrink wrap then tucked it nicely up in the frame. You can see where the old meets new at the entrance to the frame.

I think I'll go do the other side tonight - need a nice long music break first.

Super clean (As always)

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 10:31 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Safe to assume the newer Dynas have wires entering both sides of the neck thru mirrored rubber grommets?

I need to figure out some way to make mirrored grommets for my 99 neck. My bike has a rubber plug on the right side and the left is stuffed clear full of ****. Looks like hell. I need to give that some thought.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:48 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Finished up the wiring. I might mess with the throttle cables tomorrow. I'm done for the day!

Old 08-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,415 Likes on 3,060 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Safe to assume the newer Dynas have wires entering both sides of the neck thru mirrored rubber grommets?
They do

Originally Posted by cggorman
I need to figure out some way to make mirrored grommets for my 99 neck. My bike has a rubber plug on the right side and the left is stuffed clear full of ****. Looks like hell. I need to give that some thought.
Couple of ideas

Butt the plug up to the left side grommet - xacto knife.., cut out the plug center to match

Get some rubber / ribber-ized edging - glue it around the right hole - or both so they match

Ghost

Old 08-05-2017, 11:21 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost_13
They do

Couple of ideas

Butt the plug up to the left side grommet - xacto knife.., cut out the plug center to match

Get some rubber / ribber-ized edging - glue it around the right hole - or both so they match

Ghost
Good thoughts. I've got some rubber garnish moulding lying around. I'll have to take a closer look at the existing plug/holes. I know the plug is quite beefy. I think slicing a hole thu it would be trouble. Probably have to drill/melt. I'm also not sure if the plug will fit either side. If so, that's the ticket. If not, I've got experience with mold making and casting rubbers/plastics, but I'm a mediocre sculptor...at best. This may be a good application to revisit those old skills. Interesting little project....

ETA:

I did make it out to the garage today and got the welder fixed. Rewired it with a 25' (@ 10-3) power cable (came with a measly 8-ish) and fixed the air line. The Oetiker clamp was a bear. Buried way in there, but I got it once I held my tongue *just* right. Tested it (A-OK), Buttoned it up, and tucked it back on the shelf. That's all I managed. Maybe I'll throw some sparks tomorrow. We'll see how I feel.

Last edited by cggorman; 08-05-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 734 Likes on 407 Posts

Cleaning up the wiring is on my to-do list, but I keep putting it off. That looks much nicer.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:53 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Finished up the wiring. I might mess with the throttle cables tomorrow. I'm done for the day!

What bars did you go with? Do you have a side view photo? I am thinking about swapping out my apes as well...

Last edited by Northbound Southerner; 08-06-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?