Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
I've been using Mobil 1 10W-40 racing 4T in the primary and wanted to try the Spectro and compare it to the Mobil 1. With the warmer temperatures we've got right now the primary is a bit noisy in slow speed maneuvers; I wonder if the 4T is too light for higher temperatures. We shall see
I've been very happy with the Spectro (but must admit I haven't used Mobil)

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 06:24 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Timber
I've been very happy with the Spectro (but must admit I haven't used Mobil)
Good to know! We've finally got some warmer weather and after just a few minutes of slow speed parking lot exercises the primary does get louder, very easy to hear though my ear plugs. Doing slow speed exercises you're slipping the clutch in the friction zone, keeping your RPM's above idle, and slightly dragging the rear brake.

That primary gets loud and hot with a quickness

Old 08-02-2017, 06:31 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Just stared at it trying to think of something I could do to it, so I installed the chrome insert on the rear brake caliper (going to do some more dress/cleanup/slight detailing in this area when I take the wheel off to put new tire on).

Then I test cleaned an area of the engine fins using one of those new sanding sponges I ordered. The engine is a little grungy - it's a 12 year old bike. I pointed to the area I cleaned with a red arrow. I think the engine will clean up well...another project for a later day. I'm not feeling into it today.

Last edited by SixDD; 08-02-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:49 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Just stared at it trying to think of something I could do to it, so I installed the chrome insert on the rear brake caliper (going to do some more dress/cleanup/slight detailing in this area when I take the wheel off to put new tire on).

Then I test cleaned an area of the engine fins using one of those new sanding sponges I ordered. The engine is a little grungy - it's a 12 year old bike. I pointed to the area I cleaned with a red arrow. I think the engine will clean up well...another project for a later day. I'm not feeling into it today.
Maybe some axle covers. Love the look but they are a pain in the *** to take off when you do need to get to the axle.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:44 AM
felix_cool
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New turn signals, did the mount from aluminum sticks.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:21 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Adjusted the clutch and giving the bike a thorough lookover before hopefully riding about 2,000 miles in the Rockies!

Really no problem to begin with and no real change afterward but at least I know it's been done.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 08-02-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:49 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Tightened drive belt. Way too loose for some reason since I installed tires in early 2015. Sure I goofed somewhere plus I didn't have a belt gauge at the time. Also made sure I had slack in the primary chain while the Derby cover was off by reaching in with a long phillips screwdriver. Good shape there!!!

Installed the hot lead for the Tourmaster Heated vest. Found battery connections were just barely snug now. Battery installed early 2015 also. Good find on this today so checking stuff pays off!!!!! Still trying to figure exactly where I will secure wiring to the left side frame.

I think you could say my bike is running a little rich!!!! This is after 1100 miles in Mich. U.P.! Bike was thoroughly detailed before leaving for that trip.

After a little scrubbing

Cleaned a lot of the hard to get to bits while the bike was kind of apart. Thing is filthy after our U.P. trip.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-03-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:21 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I literally can not think of a single thing to do or that I want to do to the bike today...which is rare.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:32 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

I painted the rusty bolts that I had, and touched up blemishes,along with a good wash and waxing.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:19 PM
BrianFXDWG
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sissy Bar

Finally received and slapped on the new sissy bar.
It is the 2 footer from the Forge with back pad, and I have to say...
I am Diggin It!!
One I don't look like a punk ridding to work with a back pack on (most important rule: look cool) and next the guys at the Forge they're customer service was above par and they put out a great product!
Couldn't be happier.
Very accommodating, they even cut a custom size pad bracket, mailed it out to me, let me cut a design into it, and then send it back to them for it to be added to bar and powder coated.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?