Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 05:17 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Thank you, and I can hardly wait to find out!
For a bar hopper local riding bike it won't matter. Now if you decide to ride across the country it might matter bigtime lol

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Deer are thick in northern Michigan; even in the middle of the day you'd best be not daydreaming, they're bold. The closest I've ever come to being taken out by a deer was at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, but near dusk and dawn is the worst of all.

When I do a Whitefish Point day ride I leave early and drop the hammer on the slab; I get to spend a bit of time throwing rocks in Lake Superior, hunt the beach for Lake Superior agates for the Lady, a visit to the Shipwreck Museum, then it's hammer time back downstate and home before dusk.

The deer are pretty when they're off in a field, but on the road those rats on stilts will kill you...
We saw 4 - 10 deer every day we were there except on Wednesday when we drove the truck back to Munising to take the cruise and severe storms were forecast and actually moving in when I woke up but just dissipated completely and ended up being sunny and hot!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 732 Likes on 563 Posts

Put on the new stabilizer link and fuel line. The wobble wasn't as bad on the ride today but I had balanced the top end and there were no bags on. I checked the fall away and it wasn't good. I might try to tighten the steering on top but the fall away to the left was almost zero while it was around 3 inches to the right. Tightening it will get the total back in spec but there shouldn't be that much difference so I plan to rebuild the neck next winter.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:27 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Put on the new stabilizer link and fuel line. The wobble wasn't as bad on the ride today but I had balanced the top end and there were no bags on. I checked the fall away and it wasn't good. I might try to tighten the steering on top but the fall away to the left was almost zero while it was around 3 inches to the right. Tightening it will get the total back in spec but there shouldn't be that much difference so I plan to rebuild the neck next winter.

What did you use for the top link?

Old 07-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 732 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
What did you use for the top link?
The chrome Velva-Ride link
https://www.denniskirk.com/v-twin-ma...rd/1400956.sku

Seems pretty robust. I had to get it about as short as it goes to be able to get the proper length on the top stabilizer though.

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (07-16-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 06:05 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
The chrome Velva-Ride link
https://www.denniskirk.com/v-twin-ma...rd/1400956.sku

Seems pretty robust. I had to get it about as short as it goes to be able to get the proper length on the top stabilizer though.
Cool. Thanks.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:08 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I took off the front fender.

Edit: I also took the seat off and stored it in a safe place.

Took the front wheel off.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:49 PM
ludville1
Tourer
Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Deer are thick in northern Michigan; even in the middle of the day you'd best be not daydreaming, they're bold. The closest I've ever come to being taken out by a deer was at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, but near dusk and dawn is the worst of all.

When I do a Whitefish Point day ride I leave early and drop the hammer on the slab; I get to spend a bit of time throwing rocks in Lake Superior, hunt the beach for Lake Superior agates for the Lady, a visit to the Shipwreck Museum, then it's hammer time back downstate and home before dusk.

The deer are pretty when they're off in a field, but on the road those rats on stilts will kill you...
X2 on the deer! A supervisor at a place that I used to work was killed on his motorcycle after colliding with a deer (during the daytime), and recently, a biker just to the north of here was killed after hitting a deer while riding his motorcycle at night. I love seeing the deer, but not in the roads! While I hate riding in city traffic, deer are "no joke" riding out here in the country.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:08 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Hit a deer that was running across the road, when I was riding a Concours 14. Doing around 70mph at the time. Struck his/her right hind quarter. I didn't go down, but stopped and went back to where I hit, but the deer was gone. This was 9:30AM, a time when deer are hardly ever seen around here.

FWIW, the bike wasn't damaged at all, and I then knew I wasn't riding alone that morning. Dang miracle it was, for sure.

The following 2 users liked this post by dirtdreamer50:
cvaria (07-08-2017), Jay Guild (07-09-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 08:15 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Took the fork tubes out.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:55 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Hit a deer that was running across the road, when I was riding a Concours 14. Doing around 70mph at the time. Struck his/her right hind quarter. I didn't go down, but stopped and went back to where I hit, but the deer was gone. This was 9:30AM, a time when deer are hardly ever seen around here.

FWIW, the bike wasn't damaged at all, and I then knew I wasn't riding alone that morning. Dang miracle it was, for sure.
Woah!!!!!!!!!! glad you survived that one

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?