Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:44 PM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Yeah everytime I ride onto my shop ramp too fast my front fork bottoms out...thud! And they are definitely too squishy!

I have some new chrome lower fork tubes to install I''l do it at that time.

I have the patient laid out for surgery tonight (new crossover pipe gasket).

Good that you got a new crossover gasket, they go on and off easy. I put a little high heat gasket sealer around mine so it wouldn't leak. I had put a new one one previously and it had leaked. I saw black exhaust stains around it. So when I changed it again I used a little gasket sealer and it is tight with no leaks.

The following users liked this post:
SixDD (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 06:46 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Good idea! I have a little of that. It should serve as a lubricant too while I press the new gasket in there. Everything I have read says it is a total pain in the *** to install. I hope not.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:47 PM
W.Glide
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
Hi Tall Timber.
FedEx got here early this morning so I had time to get the tires mounted and balanced, so far things are going well. Its over 100 degrees in the garage so its time for a break until it cools off.

: Mike

These are going to look sweet on your bike! I can't wait to see them on your bike.

Nemosengineer (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 06:48 PM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
Good idea! I have a little of that. It should serve as a lubricant too while I press the new gasket in there.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:29 PM
End Loser
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a three week old to me 2017 Low Rider S that I decided I needed forward controls. I bought them at the sale and had the dealer do them 1 week later. BIG mistake! Totally changed the bikes handling, I hated it. Before the forwards, I was like this is the best handling Harley I've ever ridden and with the power to compliment it very well. After, not so much.

So I debated for a week what I was going to do, watching videos of how to do the job. Since the dealer did the install, and supposedly had all the parts from the take off I felt like I could manage it. So yesterday I got off work early and went to one of the local dealers since they had a black inner primary gasket kit which included the bolts, grabbed the outer primary gasket, and some Syn3. Had to stop at auto parts store and get a 1 3/16th socket for the clutch nut, and a T70 torx for the compensator nut and a few other things for the job.

The job wasn't that difficult, but I did it on the ground and that is what sucked the most. Oh and the installer didn't leave me the shifter shaft spacer and the brake lock washer that goes between the peg mount, so I had to go back and purchase those this morning. I'll be posting the forwards in the for sale section soon, so if interested check it out.

Anyway, that's what I did to my Dyna today and yesterday.

Last edited by End Loser; 06-24-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Mattf748 (06-25-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 08:01 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Piece of cake!

took the old spark plug wires off

Last edited by SixDD; 06-24-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:23 AM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Strapped on a new bag.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:06 AM
Mattf748
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Installed Drag Specialties Highway Pegs to my Low Rider S.
Comfy on a motorway ride.

Originally Posted by End Loser
I have a three week old to me 2017 Low Rider S that I decided I needed forward controls. I bought them at the sale and had the dealer do them 1 week later. BIG mistake! Totally changed the bikes handling, I hated it. Before the forwards, I was like this is the best handling Harley I've ever ridden and with the power to compliment it very well. After, not so much.

So I debated for a week what I was going to do, watching videos of how to do the job. Since the dealer did the install, and supposedly had all the parts from the take off I felt like I could manage it. So yesterday I got off work early and went to one of the local dealers since they had a black inner primary gasket kit which included the bolts, grabbed the outer primary gasket, and some Syn3. Had to stop at auto parts store and get a 1 3/16th socket for the clutch nut, and a T70 torx for the compensator nut and a few other things for the job.

The job wasn't that difficult, but I did it on the ground and that is what sucked the most. Oh and the installer didn't leave me the shifter shaft spacer and the brake lock washer that goes between the peg mount, so I had to go back and purchase those this morning. I'll be posting the forwards in the for sale section soon, so if interested check it out.

Anyway, that's what I did to my Dyna today and yesterday.

I had thought about Forward controls on mine.
Glad I just went with the Highway Pegs now

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-19-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:38 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
Hi Tall Timber.
FedEx got here early this morning so I had time to get the tires mounted and balanced, so far things are going well. Its over 100 degrees in the garage so its time for a break until it cools off.

: Mike
are those abs bearing or just some brand that uses orange seals?

i doubt abs because they look flush and abs wouldn't be on the pulley side

Last edited by cvaria; 06-25-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:29 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,313 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
are those abs bearing or just some brand that uses orange seals?

i doubt abs because they look flush and abs wouldn't be on the pulley side

They're probably Nachi Bearings...I think they use orange seals

I can definitely see how that can throw people off "visually"

BTW, if they were ABS...they would have the Wrong side out

Last edited by multihdrdr; 06-25-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?