Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:56 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Too much on it I would have had to change. Wheels (color is FUGLY IMO), bobbed rear fender, not a fan of TBW (I like something I can still fix at the side of the road if need be), that little fairing does it no favors for looks or functionality, not enough shiny stuff, etc... Didn't like the all blacked out look (not saying I don't like the look, but not for the direction I was going on the build). Positives? 110ci motor, okay suspension (which I would have gutted and changed anyway)...can't think of much else...

Not to say the S isn't a great bike, it certainly is, but IMO, the extra cost of the S didn't justify what it came with and the stuff I would need to change to make it what I want. Plus, it doesn't come in this sexy blue...

I'm an attention *****, always have been, and that extended to my last bike too. Blue and chrome? Can't go wrong as far as turning heads goes...
That's sounds right to me as well. There would have been a lot of stuff for me to change on the S. What's funny is that the Harley execs built the S to take advantage of what they call the new 'tall boy' trend. It's got a way to go to look club style.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:02 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,211 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Too much on it I would have had to change. Wheels (color is FUGLY IMO), bobbed rear fender, not a fan of TBW (I like something I can still fix at the side of the road if need be), that little fairing does it no favors for looks or functionality, not enough shiny stuff, etc... Didn't like the all blacked out look (not saying I don't like the look, but not for the direction I was going on the build). Positives? 110ci motor, okay suspension (which I would have gutted and changed anyway)...can't think of much else...

Not to say the S isn't a great bike, it certainly is, but IMO, the extra cost of the S didn't justify what it came with and the stuff I would need to change to make it what I want. Plus, it doesn't come in this sexy blue...

I feel ya

Old 11-20-2016, 08:14 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
I feel ya
Let's put it this way - if I had bought the S, I'd have had to do everything you've done to get it where I want it...

Seriously though, I dig those wheels, gives it just enough contrasting "pop" from the rest of the black bike.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,881 Likes on 4,002 Posts

My dealer had a LR S when I was last in there a month ago. Gone now. Was going to talk to my salesman and see what they would give me on my bike. I really like my bike but a 117 LR S has a strong appeal to me.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:55 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,211 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
My dealer had a LR S when I was last in there a month ago. Gone now. Was going to talk to my salesman and see what they would give me on my bike. I really like my bike but a 117 LR S has a strong appeal to me.
Tell your dealer to find you a leftover. Mine went clear to Idaho for mine.

I am torn between the HD 117, and the FuelMoto 113 kit. I really think I will do the FuelMoto.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Tell your dealer to find you a leftover. Mine went clear to Idaho for mine.

I am torn between the HD 117, and the FuelMoto 113 kit. I really think I will do the FuelMoto.

I tried having my dealer get me a 2015 Amber Whiskey or Jade Green LR and it is become a complicting factor. First, none of the dozens of dealers in the immediate N IL area had either one. Closest one was 200 miles away and I would be paying retail and perhaps a transport charge.

Things are always a lot easier when the bike you want is sitting right there on the dealership floor and it is Dec or Jan.

My LR is getting close to its next serivce point (15K) and I am sure I will need new tires. Seems like many LR owners replaced theirs at 10-13K miles. Mine still look real good. I only ride solo and never in bad weather. LR is always garaged when not ridden. Not sure how long I can go on the original tires.

If I traded my LR on a LR S and did not have to shell out the $340 for the 15K Ams Synthetic Service and the new tires, I might make out okay.

A 117 LR S has a real strong appeal to me and I am thinking about moves to make.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:00 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
I tried having my dealer get me a 2015 Amber Whiskey or Jade Green LR and it is become a complicting factor. First, none of the dozens of dealers in the immediate N IL area had either one. Closest one was 200 miles away and I would be paying retail and perhaps a transport charge.

Things are always a lot easier when the bike you want is sitting right there on the dealership floor and it is Dec or Jan.

My LR is getting close to its next serivce point (15K) and I am sure I will need new tires. Seems like many LR owners replaced theirs at 10-13K miles. Mine still look real good. I only ride solo and never in bad weather. LR is always garaged when not ridden. Not sure how long I can go on the original tires.

If I traded my LR on a LR S and did not have to shell out the $340 for the 15K Ams Synthetic Service and the new tires, I might make out okay.

A 117 LR S has a real strong appeal to me and I am thinking about moves to make.
I just hit 8k on mine. The rear tire is done. I wish I got more mileage out of it. I do ride in all weather and I've had quite a few twisty sessions with it though.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
I just hit 8k on mine. The rear tire is done. I wish I got more mileage out of it. I do ride in all weather and I've had quite a few twisty sessions with it though.
I have had a few twisty sessions but not aggressive enough to really cause tire wear.

I am debating between keeping my LR and waiting to see if a LR CVO comes out or the LR S comes in some color choices. The pull of a 117 LR S is strong.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:09 AM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Food for thought, how closely do you monitor your tire pressure?

Old 11-23-2016, 12:22 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

eBay quarter fairing installed. For 100$ can't beat it. Came with the bung king style mounts for the 49mm front ends. Fit and finish is pretty good actually. Yes, it will be paint matched at some point. For now the black will do. Have to add a couple spacers below the headlight block to lift it a bit...

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider