Harley-Davidson Street 500 and 750

Street Pics......

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:13 AM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13,167 Likes on 5,401 Posts

Couple more pics.....replaced stock turn signals.....

Old 06-06-2016, 08:51 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Hellbilly562

How tall are you? What is your inseam? I have new riders every week that are looking for a bike that fits them. Some of my students are diminutive. Have you any problem with lever reach? I see you lowered the back by 2.5". Are you going to lower the front a corresponding amount? Looks like you could simply raise the fork tubes in the triple clamps maybe?

Motorcycle fitment isn't just something that looks "cool." It's a safety issue. Ride on!

The following users liked this post:
Missexeccph (11-25-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13,167 Likes on 5,401 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
How tall are you? What is your inseam? I have new riders every week that are looking for a bike that fits them. Some of my students are diminutive. Have you any problem with lever reach? I see you lowered the back by 2.5". Are you going to lower the front a corresponding amount? Looks like you could simply raise the fork tubes in the triple clamps maybe?

Motorcycle fitment isn't just something that looks "cool." It's a safety issue. Ride on!
That's my wife...she's 5-6"......I think she's a 34 inseam.....no plans on lowering the front...plans down the road for a taller tire in front....yes, safety is of the utmost importance. I wouldn't do anything to the bike to make it unsafe....since lowering it, she has more leverage with her legs and is more confident when riding.....keep in mind, peg height is lowered as well but she's not riding it like a sport bike. For your riders, if they want to lower the bike...maybe an inch and a different seat....

Last edited by Hellbilly562; 06-06-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:17 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

That's my wife...she's 5-6"......I think she's a 34 inseam.....no plans on lowering the front...plans down the road for a taller tire in front....yes, safety is of the utmost importance. I wouldn't do anything to the bike to make it unsafe....since lowering it, she has more leverage with her legs and is more confident when riding.....keep in mind, peg height is lowered as well but she's not riding it like a sport bike. For your riders, if they want to lower the bike...maybe an inch and a different seat....
Thank you for the updated info.
Why a "taller" tire up front? Style? What about frame geometry changes? Is this something your wife wants? Are there any other changes that your wife wishes or needs?
Since I teach (instruct/facilitate) motorcycle training for new riders, I see 36 to 48 newbies every weekend. Some want one style or another when they enter class. Often, by the end of the class, their very desires of style of bike have changed. For those that want a "cruiser", this looks like a viable choice. I can not endorse any model or manufacturer over any other. But, I do tell them motorcycle fitment is a safety issue.

Ride on!

Old 09-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Hellbilly's wife has already traded in. When talking 'fitment' are you looking for viewpoints from the shorter or the taller riders? We have all sizes here if you'd like to start a thread and ask questions. I am 5'1. I also lowered 2.5" inches. I love all of the changes I made to my bike and feel with each change I have made her a better fit for me.

Last edited by Ycbrewster; 09-06-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:21 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster
Hellbilly's wife has already traded in. When talking 'fitment' are you looking for viewpoints from the shorter or the taller riders? We have all sizes here if you'd like to start a thread and ask questions. I am 5'1. I also lowered 2.5" inches. I love all of the changes I made to my bike and feel with each change I have made her a better fit for me.
Do girls have 'she' bikes too?! I thought it was just us chaps.....

Old 11-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Ceddie
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I posted on the other Street forum.....no alterations to the bike.....took me like 30 minutes to install....had to remove the muffler to get to the lower right shock bolt because the stock shocks push the swing arm down more....with the shorter shocks, it pulls it up.....hope that makes sense.....it's very easy and straight forward....just make sure, if you're doing it yourself, to have the right size hex/star sockets.....they are some funky sizes.....on the left side I used a set of vice grips on the lower bolt because I did not want to strip out the head of the bolt......
which Burly Slammer shock did you use?

thanks

Old 11-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Missexeccph
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Street LED lighting ~ New Rage Cycles fender eliminator kit

I've a Street and I had it stripped down to frame, then powder-coating and custom paint. I am now considering other upgrades. It is my first (and only) bike. I like that it's not too heavy and fits my 5'3" height.

I just bought the HD Daymaker Headligt, HD Front and rear axle nut covers and HD Engine Medallion Left Side. It has yet to be installed. I would like to have a compartment for the registration and insurance and thought of finding a custom saddle with a compartment or space for these documents. I was recommended to check with C&C Saddles.

I got the New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator back panel and taillight with the applicable bolts and screws (as a gift) but I am not sure I will keep it. I sort of like the fabric back panel especially after the custom paint. I'm keen on adding LED lights through including the colored lighting over/under engine and under fenders.

Attached is a photo I found on the internet of the NRC fender eliminator mounted on a black Street. Also attached is a photo from my Harley being rebuilt and the current view of the back panel. I would love to hear some opinions of the NRC back panel vs. the HD back panel.

Attached Thumbnails Street Pics......-img_4077.jpg   Street Pics......-img_4101.jpg   Street Pics......-img_0211.jpg  
Old 11-23-2016, 03:32 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

Don't know about a "secret compartment" within a saddle, but bad&gcustoms can maybe make you something for your documents. Never hurts to ask...

The following users liked this post:
Missexeccph (11-25-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 07:45 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceddie
which Burly Slammer shock did you use?

thanks
Hellbilly and I both used the 10.5" (although he went with the black and I went with the chrome.)

Last edited by Ycbrewster; 11-25-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Street Pics......