Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

lukas synthetic 50wt yes or no ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:56 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by biginchhustler
what is "shelling"??? i clean my tank with brake part cleaner.. its clean .. i also have a added on spin on type oil filter and run none in the tank because the in take ones dont work... like i said militec and ultima oil never,ever,ever a scrap of metal... ya think the military would use the stuff if it didnt work?? some people put their mouth in gear but the brain isnt..
Slow down don't be getting them in a bunch here your taking that wrong and I'm not in the mood to explain why again . Welcome to the forums there a few of us in here who have far more than just a clue about shovels and have been doing them a very long time , I'm one of them .

Come at me a bit different some time and we'll try again what says .....................

Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 AM
biginchhustler
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Areoshell 120 ( Air cooled aircraft motor 60wt ) if you can find some is great stuff for the big heat area's of the county in the western states , running an oil cooler helps knock down the ping a bit too . 105 plus temp weren't uncommon in the midwest during my old shovel days there . Your shovel is tight enough you may be able to swing the syn's I can't see your work being anything but on the money for detail but expect some weeping and wetness that the dust likes to stick to never seen one that wouldn't do that in hot area's mine included .
areoshell oil is mineral oil-- it has no additives or anti foaming agents -- not for motorcycles at all.. really,really BAD advice... try it the mineral oil foams and the pump doesnt pump foam... its made for radial engines that turn low,low rpms and its changed in hours not miles... we used pennzoil 70wt back in the day.. now its torco 60wt -- they dont make 70 -- or any quality 70 wt oil... use BEL-RAY in the tranny they have a special harley tranny oil -- or use 60/70 wt in the tranny ---- google the MILITEC 1 -- we use it where we work.. we build the military M1117 ASV.. ya think they would put militec in MILLION $$$$$ asv IF IT DIDNT WORK??

Old 04-22-2012, 12:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Hard not to feed a oil pump in a wet sump system with the supply sitting a foot above it been there done that . But have your way I'm not playing the dick wagging game here . Never said a word about the mil spec stuff so lighten up Francis .

Old 04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Jeffs386
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have seen what dino oil does when it breaks down so I run synthetic in every thing I own,have been doing so since the mid 80's,never had a leak or oil related failure,my Chevrolet van now has over 190,000 miles and runs like new with ZERO leaks,synthetic oil will not cause leaks in your engine