Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

transmission trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,987 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by 46u
I have worked on not only transmissions like this but many old Harley s. LOL

Thats sort of my gig , all I do are shovels and the occasional pan . I see them after every other shop in a 100 mi. radius has turned them down and they are always a day from catastrophic failure on several things . Then add most are broke and don't want or can't spend a dime . At this point bro with what you've found I'd be leaning to find another trans , at least a box with gearing intact . Going to be cheaper in the long run than dicking with welding and machine work on a trashed case . Seen them on egay and I would hunt craigs list in your area if you don't have a line of buddies with junk boxes to dig in .

Try Jehir if you go a new case they have them for $170 , I've done a few with their cases and like them better the STD or a couple others that were way more money . I'm not a big fan of CCI Rev Tech stuff but they have complete gear sets going around $ 400 give or take on egay all the time . Good luck man I feel you .

After dropping the money on that fancy shift fork tool think I used it once and ended up cutting the complete dome off a jockey shift cover and using that instead .