Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

But yet another clutch issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 AM
dunnth
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default But yet another clutch issue

So heres the deal, im kinda new at this but i know the rules. Ive been a long time rider but this is my first thread. I searched through all old and recent threads theads on this issue but i couldnt really find a solution.
Heres some background. I have a 1981 FLT that i recently puchesed, from my uncle for 2 grand. It set in a barn with dirt floors for the last 10 years. i rebuilt the top end all the way, bored .020 over, new valves new valve retainers, new pistons, new tappets, new tappet guides, new pushrods, ect. put a new police edition clutch pack on her, new exhaust, new dual exaust, new mustang seat, and a chrome pack...
She turned out awesome, i had a few minor setbacks but overall she is perfect, and she still original paint!!
Soooo. anyway i have been riding for a couple of weeks now when all of a sudden i started having clutch issues, i dont have a problem when i start it in gear but if i stop at a light; sometimes when i go to take off it luches forward and almost chirps the rear tire. I feel like a retard cuz when it happens i look like i just started riding, and letting the clutch out to fast or something.
Check the adjustment on the plate and it is dead on 1 1/32" then i checked the adjustment of the cable and i have a little more than a 1/16" of play.

Anyway, if you guys have any help or insite on what might cause this, or if u have this issue as well i am more than interested on any feedback, thanks.

Last edited by dunnth; 06-30-2010 at 02:12 AM.