Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

what is this, dyna lowrider shovel???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what is this, dyna lowrider shovel???

hey guys,

i've recently posted a craiglist add looking for a project bike to trade a quad and/or jeep cj7 for. i've had a few offers and a guy wanted to trade me this dyna, i assume since it has a shovelhead in it. its a super nice and not exactly what i wanted to start bobbing out, but thought i would get some insite as to what model it may be, or it may just be a throw together custom. i am still trying to get further details on this bike from the owner. looks like a lowrider dash and a wide glide front...

also, has anyone ever sold/bought a bike/anything off craigslist? any tips, ect.

heres the bike:

Last edited by shimmon; 05-04-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

Its an 1983 fxr. A little too cherry for the project i have in my mind. If it was unrestored, it would be perfect, but in this condition i would hate to bob it out.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:23 PM
77HDFX
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FXR is the rubber mounted shovel engine Super Glide. Front end does look like the wide glide style and the dual brake set up. Looks like you would have the front, forward controls and just change around the rear. nothing too nice to change up. It would be just a few less things you would have to buy.HAHA!
If it runs out good, go for it and then make it your's!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

i thought about it... but this bike had a complete restore (everything was replaced or rebuilt) on it and was appraised at 12k (thats what the seller said at least). it would free up some driveway space and would be an excellent starting point. but i would be looking at trade both my quad and jeep on this one, i was hoping to just trade my quad... but i'm really starting to think hard about this one.

by the way... your bike is kick ***!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:04 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,296 Likes on 1,507 Posts

Guess I am having a hard time seeing 12 in that bike. Suppose it is worth what someone will pay for it though.

Go to www.craiglook.com. Type in harley davidson shovelhead. Gives a wider range of shovels available rather than in just your area. One other source you can check is the jockey journal. Guys on that forum are all into bobs and chops both American and Brit.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM
FLYING
Club Member

The blue bike is a fxr!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by panz4ever
guess i am having a hard time seeing 12 in that bike.

i was thinking the samething, it would be hard to get 12 out of a 1 year old dyna let alone a 23 year old "dyna".

Old 05-05-2010, 01:16 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Super Glide. Not hardly $12,000. Nope. $5,000 or thereabouts if it is complete and running.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 AM
markymark02
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
Super Glide. Not hardly $12,000. Nope. $5,000 or thereabouts if it is complete and running.
I would say every bit if 10,000, you figure a baskets going for 3,500, give or take
plus the cost of a rebuilt motor and trans, plus paint and it looks like the bike just
came off the showroom floor! from the pics the guy didnt cut any corners

Old 05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

It was built by a professional shop in his area, i am going to call and talk to them about the bike, if they remeber. But i am really considering picking up this bike. Everything had been rebuilt or replaced, tire to tire. I think its a sharp looking bike.

Really its worth more than my trades, i think, so i cant really go wrong. And its got the motor i was wanting and a 5 speed trans, no kicker though (but that can be changed). But i think i could sell any parts i dont plan on putting back on the bike and have cash in my pocket! I just got to get the jeeps transmission straight and then the deal is on!

Quick Reply: what is this, dyna lowrider shovel???