Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

More Blonde Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009 | 06:40 AM
Speeding Big Twin
Road Captain

Thanks for the photo Sissy but I can't make out what numbers are there. Here's a photo showing the casting number that I think was originally there and you may be able to compare it with yours. It is 47651-58:

And as I mentioned earlier, the casting number on the left-hand casting may be 47653-58.

Another thing you can check is the frame top engine mount. The next photo shows the type I think your frame will have and it was used for Big Twin swingarm frames 1958-1969. Notice the shape of the opening for the bolt and also the overall outside shape of the mount:

The third photo is of the mount on my 1982 frame and it's the same type that was first introduced for 1970. Notice the difference in the shape of the opening for the bolt and also the difference in the overall outside shape of the mount. Eric

Old 11-26-2009 | 09:15 AM
Pälli
Banned
Default Here my Shovel sounds..

I run its couple of days ago.. That our new gas is bad for Super E acculator pump and it easyli stuck.. I put stabilizator my gas hope that helps.. We have here winter and can not ride.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItZUFw5Lt0

Old 11-26-2009 | 05:40 PM
Sissy69
|
Advanced
Default Nice!

Hey Palli, man that sounds sweet. Nice Rake too. What year is that beauty?

Old 11-26-2009 | 06:22 PM
Sissy69
|
Advanced

Eric, you said
'Another thing you can check is the frame top engine mount. The next photo shows the type I think your frame will have and it was used for Big Twin swingarm frames 1958-1969. Notice the shape of the opening for the bolt and also the overall outside shape of the mount:'

Thanks, I went out and took another picture and here is my motor mount with the J7 and the rounded V hole.. FilthyLucre said he thought it was a 1967 and it looks like he is right.

Thanks again. I did find some mor numbers but it will take some time to clean them up. Meantime here is that picture...

Attached Thumbnails More Blonde Questions...-picture-or-videoweird-020.jpg  
Old 11-27-2009 | 03:48 AM
Speeding Big Twin
Road Captain
Thumbs up

Good photo, Sissy. Yes, FilthyLucre is correct about your frame being manufactured in 1967 and also that it was originally a 1968 model. And I agreed with both of those observations in my first post, adding that I thought it was an early-1968 model frame due to the lack of a reinforcement gusset on the left rear downtube.

I'm still unsure whether the letter J represents October or September in this situation but that doesn't matter.

And your photo below showing the early type of top engine mount is consistent with a 1968 model frame. Eric

Old 11-27-2009 | 07:03 AM
Sissy69
|
Advanced
Wink Hoooooray!

Well Eric and Mr. Filthy, and everyone else who helped me figure ths frame thing out. I want to say.....

Thank you all you get and my appreciation, of course. So now we know that two years before I graduated from high school [YIKES], Somebody's new Harley Davidson sat all over that frame.

My frame and me....PROUD ANTIQUES

Thnaks again, Sissy

Old 11-27-2009 | 08:09 AM
Pälli
Banned
Default Hi sissy..

My bike is year 1984. I perhaps sale it spring.. I am begin to intresting Evo Softails..

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:13 AM
Sissy69
|
Advanced
Default Oh NO!

Originally Posted by Pälli
My bike is year 1984. I perhaps sale it spring.. I am begin to intresting Evo Softails..
Dear Palli,calm down man. You're having what we Shovelhead people call A FIT. It will soon pass and you will remember why you love da shovel.

Can you even HEAR them Evos? LOL

Old 11-29-2009 | 06:53 AM
Pälli
Banned
Red face I am calm...

Like fish.. Not exited any kind. I like hardtail looks but i ride 2 years with that kind so thing that is enough. Want suspension. Evo engines sounds good.
Must says that nowdays are buers markest and business do not run. Do not know that prices still goes lover .
Here in my land are lot of abroad imported bike and markets are impregnated.. To mutch Harleys.. Those peopels who have necessity to sale their bikes begin to be desperate because anybody eaven not ask their bikes..

Old 11-30-2009 | 08:24 AM
Sissy69
|
Advanced

Sounds like a very good thing for Harley lovers in your country of Finland. Hard to ride a Harley on ice. Got Skis?

Quick Reply: More Blonde Questions...