Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

Whats this worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 01:07 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Whats this worth?

ORIGINAL: NFFN

ORIGINAL: panz4ever

"I just spoke to the owner, he has no idea how many miles the bike..." K....he has owned the bike since 89 but has no clue as to the total mile on the bike? I wonder what else he knows/doesn't know that he is NOT telling you.

Last rebuild in 93...might be okay if it has been a low mileage bike since then. But if she had been rode hard and has a lot of miles she is due for a rebuild (reason for being motivated to sell?) You might to think about doing a compression check.

Far as rigid or swingarm. Got to admit that it is harder now to go farther on my old rigid pan now that I am 60, but that is why God created whiskey. Personal preference is all.

Last thought...not sure how it is where you live but here in Kalif,if the motor is a 75, that means the frame number also has to match. How does he have it titled? You mention the frame is a Pauchgo. Special construction is the best you can do here. Last thing you want to do is to try and register it and have it yanked from you.
Panz,
Thanks for the input, the owner is looking for close to 8K. After careful consideration I may offer him half of what he is looking for simply for the reasons that you pointed out, the mileage on the bike and the numbers not matching.
Lets see.
&nbsp\\;
$8K is really at the&nbsp\\;high end&nbsp\\;of the Shovel market right now.&nbsp\\; You should be able to find a perfect orginal with a fresh rebuild for that much.&nbsp\\; You should also check ebay, craigslist and chopper exchange.&nbsp\\; Shovels are becoming harder to find, but there are still super nice ones&nbsp\\;out there for sale.

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:09 PM
NFFN
|
Banned

ORIGINAL: wbogley

ORIGINAL: NFFN

ORIGINAL: panz4ever

"I just spoke to the owner, he has no idea how many miles the bike..." K....he has owned the bike since 89 but has no clue as to the total mile on the bike? I wonder what else he knows/doesn't know that he is NOT telling you.

Last rebuild in 93...might be okay if it has been a low mileage bike since then. But if she had been rode hard and has a lot of miles she is due for a rebuild (reason for being motivated to sell?) You might to think about doing a compression check.

Far as rigid or swingarm. Got to admit that it is harder now to go farther on my old rigid pan now that I am 60, but that is why God created whiskey. Personal preference is all.

Last thought...not sure how it is where you live but here in Kalif,if the motor is a 75, that means the frame number also has to match. How does he have it titled? You mention the frame is a Pauchgo. Special construction is the best you can do here. Last thing you want to do is to try and register it and have it yanked from you.
Panz,
Thanks for the input, the owner is looking for close to 8K. After careful consideration I may offer him half of what he is looking for simply for the reasons that you pointed out, the mileage on the bike and the numbers not matching.
Lets see.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
$8K is really at the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;high end&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;of the Shovel market right now.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You should be able to find a perfect orginal with a fresh rebuild for that much.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You should also check ebay, craigslist and chopper exchange.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Shovels are becoming harder to find, but there are still super nice ones&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;out there for sale.
Wbogley,
What would you offer? if you were interested? 4-5K?

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:39 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member

Wbogley,
What would you offer? if you were interested? 4-5K?

I would try $5,000.&nbsp\\; I have never seen a nice, running, any year&nbsp\\;Big Twin ever sell for $4K.&nbsp\\; $4K is the high end of basket cases.&nbsp\\;