Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

1979 shovel head

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Caitlin Marie Tjon
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 shovel head

Caitlin Marie Tjon , Today 02:13 PM
Hey all. New to this forum so I was told to post this here.

So I’ve come across this 1979 Shovelhead. My father had bought it and replaced majority of the major parts but has fell ill about a year and a half ago and can no longer work on or take care of this beautiful motorcycle. So it’s now On me to make sure the bike, all parts that were bought and not yet put on and the reciepts for it all get into the right persons hands. It has been garage kept by previous owner and my father. So my question is, knowing that this is a vintage bike after doing some reading and researching of my own, how much is this thing worth and how do I go about selling it to the right person. Please be kind. Thank you all.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:59 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,700 Likes on 2,958 Posts

my guess its an FXE as I cant tell but the fake floorboads are a tell tale as it might not have the frame tab

lots of stuff is aftermarket and jersey being what it is for machines a would say 5 thousand is plus or minus depends on how it runs and drives

Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 415 Likes on 297 Posts

If it’s a runner here in New England with a title and matching numbers....3800-4500. Broad range but like John says looks like a fxe.( I personal have liked in the past)
the rite person will be the one with cash and no BS. NOT a rare piece yet....plenty to be had
good luck. Price it and offer it up

Old 05-30-2019, 06:24 PM
Caitlin Marie Tjon
1st Gear

Thank both of you for the info. My father bought it as a project after he retired and like I said couldn’t do all that was needed. I’ve got so many parts for it I’m not sure if I should sell them separately or with the bike as just a whole lot. I’ve got the original tanks and whatever other parts he took off. He kept everything. Reciepts and all. Thanks for the advice I’m also getting in touch with a Harley expert to see if they can come look at it and help me out.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Caitlin Marie Tjon
1st Gear

I have more detailed pictures of it and the parts I have also.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:38 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 415 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Caitlin Marie Tjon
Thank both of you for the info. My father bought it as a project after he retired and like I said couldn’t do all that was needed. I’ve got so many parts for it I’m not sure if I should sell them separately or with the bike as just a whole lot. I’ve got the original tanks and whatever other parts he took off. He kept everything. Reciepts and all. Thanks for the advice I’m also getting in touch with a Harley expert to see if they can come look at it and help me out.
Parts bring the price up for sure.....but the rite parts. Make sure you get and expert not a flipper.Post up what you have....there are a few guys in your area code that know these real well.......one already responded too u

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 05-30-2019 at 06:40 PM.