Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

Rebuilding/restoring my dads shovelhead

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 05:33 AM
Tanner A
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rebuilding/restoring my dads shovelhead

Hey how goes it every one? So 2 weeks ago my dad passed and I was left with his most prized possession a 1980 shovelhead on a paco frame! I rode on this bike growing up it means the world to me so to honor my hero I want to rebuild it to the way he loved! About 15 years ago this ol shovel broke down and was parked in a shed partially torn down. It hasn’t moved since but last week I grab it out of that shed and started accessing what I got. Basically a basket case in every sense with parts every where and missing! I’ve gathered what I could find and started the process of cleaning and tearing down the entire thing for the rebuild with multiple manuals and memories of helping dad! Any help info tips and tricks are greatly appreciated I’m no professional mechanic by any means but I’m no rookie either but been over 10 years since I’ve worked on a Harley. The crank # says it’s a 1980 FLH-80 so tell me what y’all think the first few pics are the way he built it the way I want it to look when finished the other pics are how far I’ve gotten into the tear down.

Thanks everyone

Dad and his bike

The way it should be