Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

What happened?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 04:55 PM
74FXE
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What happened?

This may not be well received here but I have been a member at shovelhead.us for years. I know there are several other members here who also are members of the other forum. Does anyone know what happened? I can't log on and it looks like it's just gone.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:38 PM
old mago
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,723 Likes on 705 Posts

Russians???

Old 08-30-2018, 06:42 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,521 Likes on 2,717 Posts

They're revamping the site and focusing on the Livewire from now on.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,868 Likes on 3,027 Posts

it went down hill a while back and was over taken by jackasses AND he could not fix it in its present state - he should have been more open about what was going on instead pretended it was not happening

Old 08-30-2018, 08:24 PM
74FXE
6th Gear

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
it went down hill a while back and was over taken by jackasses AND he could not fix it in its present state - he should have been more open about what was going on instead pretended it was not happening
I know what your talking about. Some of those guy's couldn't have done anything else during the day but post on that site. Then layout all their personal problems for everyone to see. On top of that I don't know how they could accomplish that many things in one lifetime. I hope it will come on line again. There were plenty of good people on there, I miss their posts.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:35 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,868 Likes on 3,027 Posts

Originally Posted by 74FXE
I know what your talking about. Some of those guy's couldn't have done anything else during the day but post on that site. Then layout all their personal problems for everyone to see. On top of that I don't know how they could accomplish that many things in one lifetime. I hope it will come on line again. There were plenty of good people on there, I miss their posts.
then float around and you will find them using the same handle - direct a good crew to a site that is not stressful to belong and move on

Old 08-30-2018, 10:00 PM
Racepres
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,421 Likes on 1,731 Posts

IDK

Been down Awhile... may come back... may not!!
I get along there OK...
Have a Very Thick Skin... and not alot of "Give a ****"
Suits Me..

Old 08-31-2018, 08:09 AM
ShrinerRider
Road Captain
Veteran: Army
Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

I know it has helped me out a lot! I wonder if all of the info is archived somehow, or if it is truly just gone.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:47 AM
78lowrdr
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I used a different name there. It just might have had what I was looking for because I have hundreds of bookmarks to
some of the technical posts. Looks like it is time to get to know this site. I made my first post here yesterday and was
really surprised that I was a registered member. Man, time flies. The little I've seen here though, looks like it is put
together very well.
I hope Jack gets it going again, and that the tech end of things there does not get nuked. I've never had a Starbucks,
never done a Facebook, Still ride a shovel. Think I'll go do that and look for a Starbucks.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:46 PM
madrat
5th Gear

hey, guys. some of you may recognize my handle. i just signed up here today because i'm having shovelhead.us withdrawal. what's going on?? anyone know for sure?? sure would hate to see that treasure of info go belly up. how about shovelfest 9?? that still a go?? talk to me.....

Quick Reply: What happened?