Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

71 FLH Shovelhead

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 05:46 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,487 Likes on 2,704 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Wait until I get on your thread...hahaha....nah.

I just followed up with my parts friend at the dealership and the pipes came in this afternoon. Will pick up tomorrow and we will know if it fits soon enough. I think my bike has been sitting for over 2 months....gotta get her started and get her juices flowing again. New AC new pipes....damn I hope I don't have to re-tune.
Thats great no more boring reflector talk....yawn.....

Mine's at a stand-still for the moment. I need rocker boxes which stopped the top end from going together but I found a set still bearing external casting numbers and they're on their way.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:36 AM
Racepres
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,349 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman

Mine's at a stand-still for the moment. I need rocker boxes which stopped the top end from going together but I found a set still bearing external casting numbers and they're on their way.
Good news... as all I have is that Poor set [hollow] that I told ya about..

Old 04-13-2019, 08:48 AM
hellonewman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Racepres
Good news... as all I have is that Poor set [hollow] that I told ya about..
Thanks again for checking!

Old 04-13-2019, 11:15 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman

Yeah it is kinda boring I must say, but I post even the small stuff here so those new to shovels looking at doing the same thing have some source of information....I have a similar thread in the Sportster forum with 288k views and over 1000 posts just as a source of info for those interested in customizing their bike or converting to a bagger.. However, the shovel forum seems to have more well-informed and mechanically inclined members so that helps tremendously.

you sure seem to be **** about restoring your bike to be factory original/correct....are you planning on competing? Maybe you should change your name to hellojohn although you do like twinkies.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:42 AM
hellonewman
Club Member

Originally Posted by hscic
Yeah it is kinda boring I must say, but I post even the small stuff here so those new to shovels looking at doing the same thing have some source of information....I have a similar thread in the Sportster forum with 288k views and over 1000 posts just as a source of info for those interested in customizing their bike or converting to a bagger.. However, the shovel forum seems to have more well-informed and mechanically inclined members so that helps tremendously.

you sure seem to be **** about restoring your bike to be factory original/correct....are you planning on competing? Maybe you should change your name to hellojohn although you do like twinkies.
if I changed my Username I think TWINKIEJOHN would be ideal.

I wont be competing and it won’t be worthy of being judged. I just want it to be a nice representation without endless errors. And yes there’s an **** component I can’t help avoid.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (04-13-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 10:41 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Installed the V-Twin dual Crossovers 29-1101 today….not a perfect fit, but it fits. Not totally satisfied with the angle of the muffs, but it will do for now. Still need to install the 5 heat shield. Going to wait overnight to let the gasket maker to set before I start her up.

At a glance, looks pretty close to correct IMO….close enough to me anyway…I am sure the experts on here can tear it apart, but not going to lose sleep over the small stuff. The only other thing I am going to do is install the vintage rear license plate red glass reflectors and the front fender Electra Glide nameplate #59169-71 & #59170-71 with amber reflectors when it comes in…and the red ones if I can find a set at a reasonable price.

When I start the bike this week, will record a sound clip of my modified muffs with the centers drilled/punch out so you inquiring minds can hear what it sounds like.

Thanks for all the input Now I can ride. Will also be testing the OEM HT shifter and repop chrome inner shift arm.

Last edited by hscic; 04-15-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:56 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,342 Likes on 1,518 Posts

You should be really proud of that build. Came out real nice.

hscic (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 AM
john lee
Road Warrior
Received 371 Likes on 310 Posts

looks like a comfy rider.whats it worth to you

Last edited by john lee; 04-15-2019 at 02:03 AM.
hscic (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 03:26 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by john lee
looks like a comfy rider.whats it worth to you
It is surely comfy but it can also fly being a stroker..

Old 04-15-2019, 03:30 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by panz4ever
You should be really proud of that build. Came out real nice.
Thanks for the compliment....it is always rewarding when you have your own vision and do things yourself to achieve those goals.

Quick Reply: 71 FLH Shovelhead