Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2015 FLHXSE questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 10:31 PM
MLCrow1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 FLHXSE questions

I'm hoping someone on here knows more than I've been able to find out. I've put a deposit down on a 2015 FLHXSE and I know there is one person ahead of that has a deposit in as well at my dealer. It appears the best a dealer can hope for is one of each color, sometimes, not even that many of a CVO.

So my question for you CVO owners and knowledgeable members is this, do dealers ever do dealer trades of CVOs or should I plan to settle for a different color if the other person chooses my first choice color?

I know this a newby question and I apologize, this will be my first CVO coming off an 07 FLHX I bought brand new and looking forward to the new touring frame and Rushmore upgrades.

If any of you have seen all the colors, I'd be curious of your thoughts on the Mercury Hard Candy versus Scorching Yellow versus Starfire Black. I'm coming of a custom painted House Of Kolors Blue, Silver Flake and Gray FLHX, so I want to change from blue.

Thanks for your answers and opinions.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd never give a dealer a deposit on something I want that he doesn't have in stock unless he made me offer I couldn't refuse like $3k+ under MSRP for the color I want and he'll go find it for me within a reasonable time period.

When they have your money you lose all negotiating leverage and you may have to settle for a bike you really didn't want. That's big money to lay out so get your fist choice.

Hold your money, shop around and negotiate with several dealers before you buy, make them earn your business. They have a huge mark up in these CVO bikes (~$8k @ MSRP alone before they "pack" the deal with financing, warranties, etc).

I bought my current bike (a 2013 FLHTCUSE8) in the color I wanted for $4k off MSRP by being patient and waiting until December 2012 to buy. This time of year with the new model year release just occurring the dealers have more demand then supply and will be asking crazy prices, wait a couple of month's and let the game come to you.

They'll be plenty of CVO bikes around, heck there are dealers out there with 2013's they still haven't moved not to mentioned the 2014 backlog on their floors, 2015 will be no different.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
MLCrow1
Advanced

Thanks for your response, good advice.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM
KXL
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SG CVO Different

While I can't disagree with the comment that there are still CVO versions available from last year---you generally won't find that to be the case with the SG---every one of them will have a buyer before the dealership gets it---at least that's the case here in FL.

One of the reasons I went with a dealer that has multiple stores is to get the color I want---and I'm the first to ask for the scorching yellow within this dealer group. Zero chance I would lay down 40 large on a color I didn't want.

I'm pretty sure you can get the color you want if you make the deposit---you just might not get the bike as quickly. My two cents.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Crow,
Lander's HD has the Yellow bike. They had it at the Hot Springs Rally this past weekend. I'm not for sure if it was from the Little Rock dealership or the other one. It was pretty nice. but they did have the price marked up $3K over msrp too. No way I'm paying over msrp on these bikes. that's price gouging imo.
I'm with the one guy above, be patient and watch. you will find the one you want in the color you want for a decent price somewhere down the road.
Also, Whiskey River (Texarkana) should have the Mercury colored bike in soon if not already. They are not to far down the road from you, take a day trip and go check it out.
If you want to go a little farther, the HD in Tyler is going to have the Black one as well. So all three colors are within a ride from you.

Last edited by SilverEagle50; 09-09-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:18 PM
MLCrow1
Advanced

Thanks all for the responses. It seems as though patience is not a virtue I was blessed with, go figure. I'm going to see if I can work in a couple of road trips to see what's out there. As well, I expect to see some people riding them at Bikes, Blues and BBQ in a couple of weeks.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:42 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MLCrow1
Thanks all for the responses. It seems as though patience is not a virtue I was blessed with, go figure. I'm going to see if I can work in a couple of road trips to see what's out there. As well, I expect to see some people riding them at Bikes, Blues and BBQ in a couple of weeks.
Don't pay over MSRP and get the color you want. And yes, dealers will do a dealer trade for a CVO. It happens all the time.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:18 PM
MLCrow1
Advanced
Thumbs up 2015 FLHXSE questions

Thanks for the reply, I'm feeling a little better about getting what I want now, just have to be patient.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MLCrow1
Thanks for the reply, I'm feeling a little better about getting what I want now, just have to be patient.
equal parts of patience + aggressive buying tactics + knowing the market = where/when the best deal is found.

remember they all need to sell you a bike a lot worse then you need to buy it from anyone of them.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:13 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The telephone is your friend. Call every dealer you're willing to drive to if they have the bike you want in the color you want. There won't be a lot of dealing on price, but you can get things thrown in like service, loyalty programs or gift cards sometimes too.