Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

'14 RK highway pegs

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 05:10 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default '14 RK highway pegs

Hey guys, I'm looking for some input. My Road King is on the way, and since I HATE riding without highway pegs, I want them waiting for me when the bike gets in. Here is the problem: The other pegs and boards are chrome (slipstream) so I would like to match the highway pegs up, but the crash bar is black. Should I just go with black mounts and a simple black peg? I was half thinking a black mount with the chrome pegs since there is lots of chrome-on-black throughout the bike... Any ideas? Also, because I love my tunes, I thought about the handlebar mounted Boom stereo. I have one on the windshield of my softy and use it all the time. Any thoughts on that? Looks/fit?... Nothing worse then spending good money on something that looks like $hit!

Old 07-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Rickpay1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK watching this got same question lol...I am leaning towards black and black pegs

Old 07-20-2014, 07:33 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

lol, got a set of black pegs in mind? I like the tribal, but I really don't want more than one theme on the bike. Although.... the tribal goes with the paint! I have the same dilemma with the docking kit for the backrest and luggage rack. They don't have a blacking docking kit out yet for the '14s, but I'm going black sissy bar and rack. That can be changed out later though I guess.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Rickpay1
Cruiser

I did get black sissy bar and it sucks 4 pt kit only comes in chrome but will get that powder coating over winter

Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
casbar
Cruiser

Well I fitted the black sissy bar and a black rack. Yep the 4 point docking kit is chrome, but hey, it doesn't keep me awake at night. Bike is still awesome

Old 07-21-2014, 06:18 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

i'm sure by next year they will have a black docking kit. I'll sell the chrome one and buy the black. I just can't hold out or the missus will be a little upset.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Oh, and I ordered the black highway pegs. I went with a Kuryakyn set that came with a black are and some pretty simple black pegs. Hope it looks good on the bike. What sissy bar, pad, and rack did you get? I went for the large to up rack, standard sissy bar (short would look better though) and the comfort stitch pad.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:47 PM
casbar
Cruiser

Ordered the mid height sissy bar and a pad from a RG, which has similar pattern, there isn't a pad for a CVO RK yet. I also fitted the extending rack, which is really good. I can dig out part numbers later

Old 07-22-2014, 06:31 AM
Rickpay1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by casbar
Ordered the mid height sissy bar and a pad from a RG, which has similar pattern, there isn't a pad for a CVO RK yet. I also fitted the extending rack, which is really good. I can dig out part numbers later
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I purchased from HD dealer sat mid height sissy bar in black and they did have the backrest to match the seat...

Old 07-22-2014, 02:46 PM
casbar
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rickpay1
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I purchased from HD dealer sat mid height sissy bar in black and they did have the backrest to match the seat...
This has been covered many times, must be a new part then, unto 3 months ago, there was no real matching pad. You could get one that had the circular effect, and another one that had kind of the same stitching, but needing the horizontal stitching. If you could post the part number that would be good, would like to check it out

Quick Reply: '14 RK highway pegs