Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Harley Davidson Race Fueler ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:37 PM
smokin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Race Fueler ??

I have a new 2007 110CI FXSTSSE and have a question about HD race fueler

I think this is very similiar, if not the same, as the V&H unit---but, regardless--
All I have done, and all I wanted to do, was to install a K&N airfilter and replace the stock baffles with new less restrictive ones.
Do you think I can get by with the less expensive race fueler vs. the SERT
I'm not racing, not chasing dyno #'s, not looking for more power - just wanted it to sound like my other Harleys. Frankly, i think the bike is pretty fast as it is ! Sorry.
so - anyone have any thoughts??
thanks for the help
-Brad

Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Harley Davidson Race Fueler ??

With the mods you are looking to do I would go with the TFI. They are a good unit with a 2 year warrantee and are an easy setup and install. They have very good tech support IF you need it but usually don't need it.
The other units you mention are different in the respect that the V&H hasn't very good support and works best with their brand intake and exhaust.
The HD fueller to the best of my knowledge has no support at all and is a bit more to set up and adjust because of the extra pots to adjust that don't return that much if any benefits. No need for the SERT for your mods.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you just changing the air filter element, to a K&N? That shouldn't make enough difference to matter, compared to the stock element air flow, aside from it being better quality.
I switched to the K&N filter element after reading how the stock ones fall apart.
My Fat Boy SE with the 103" came stock with the high flow air filter, it just had the cheap HD element. Isn't that the way they come on the SE 110" (high flow air filter,cheap element)?
When you have an 88" or 2007 96" motor that comes with the more restricted air filterand change it out to a high flow unit, thats when you you need to re-map the fuel system.
Themain reason I would re-map your 110",would be to richen the air/fuel ratio so the bike runs cooler and better. That needs to be done regardless if you change the exhaust or air flow,because of the EPA making HD put the bikes out so lean.
Tom

Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
smokin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom
I agree with your opinion. I want a little cooler running temp, and better engine life. The question remains - will the Race Fueler accomplish these goals for roughly $200? I find it hard to believe I need the put a SERT on just to compensate for an air cleaner and less restrictive baffles in the stock pipes. Yes, the bike came with an open SE air cleaner with a cheap filter - I replaced with the K&N, and installed new free flow baffles. Bike sounds great now - louder - but not obnoxious. I just know it's a little lean at highway speeds despite the dual O2 sensors trying to seld adjust ( it's a 2007 remember )
Anyone done a before/after dyno or AFR test after putting a race fueler on??
it's going to be 70 here in Akron today !! I'm riding the thing before the Snow comes back this weekend! After I get the chores done my wife wrote down this morning of course !!
-Brad

Old 04-08-2007, 04:56 AM
RAZ
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Race Fueler on my bike 2000 Screamin Eagle Road Glide.
With Rinehart tru duels and a screamin eagle intake.
It helped a alot runs cooler and better>

Old 04-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had the Race Fueler on my bike until it died an inexplicable death. Then I went to the Power Commander IIIusb for the adjustability. Both cost about the same. The Race Fueler worked well and I had it for 2 years while running 204 cams. I would have replaced it with another, but decided to have Jamie at Fuelmoto pre-program the PCIII and send it. Easy install....15 minutes. Excellent results.
The HD SERT will run about 900.00 with a Dyno. Easy decision for me!