Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

'07 110" Dyna Muffler Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:46 AM
porker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 110" Dyna Muffler Question

I have an '07FXDL with the 110 c.i. kit. The kit comes with CVO mufflers. I will be doing SERT at 1000 miles.

With regard to h.p., torque and sound, are these mufflers any good?

Old 02-18-2007, 03:47 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior
Default RE: '07 110" Dyna Muffler Question

I can only comment on the sound part. Bottom line...it sucks. Almost as quiet as a goldwing. Get some True Duals like Rineharts or V&H for good sound. If its performance ya want go for the 2 into 1 systems but I don't care for the "look" of them.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 PM
porker
Cruiser

Will dump the CVO's for a Rinehart 2 into 1.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Bikerdoc
Novice

First off, I like the look of the factory pipes - I am not a big fan of 2 into 1 on Softails or Dyna's unless you are building a race bike only.
I also wanted to get great sound with power gains without having to delete the O2 sensor in the head pipe. So, that left me with slip ons.
There are a few options, but only one good one that I have found.

1. You can modify the stock mufflers by drilling holes in the baffles.
I tried this and I was not impressed at all. Very little change in sound and NO change in performance.

2.Harley Screaming Eagle Street Performance Slip-Ons.
Very little louder than the stock mufflers.
Expensive.
Straight out of the box the sound like the SE II's
The baffles are easily removed just like the ones in the stock pipes, and the hole sizes can be easily altered to increase sound and flow just like on older non-catalytic converter SE Pipes. Supposedly they have no catalytic converter.
There was no stock number listed formy '07 FXSTSSE -I had to use the same stock number as the 07FatBoy.

3. And BEST.Rush Mufflers makes a great Slip-On replacement with your choice of at least 3 different Baffle sizes 1.75", 2", and 2.25". You can go from not-so-loud todamn LOUD by just swapping around the baffles. One set of Baffles comes with the pipes (your choice of size) and you can order the othersizes seperately.
Cost-$249.99 from various places - can be bought direct off the internet or from many Harley Dealers.Rush has a great web site with all their different models shown there. www.epiflex.com/rush_dyna.html

I installed the K&N filter element in my air cleaner - You need to use both the stick-on rubber seal that comes with the filter and you also need to re-use the thickrubber gasket that isstuck on the stock element - for adequate clearance.

Inow have theRUSH slip-ons. Great mufflers, easy to install and they sound great.
It took me less than an hourto changethemufflers.
I got the 2.00" baffles and they are plenty loud. As louder than the old Screaming Eagle slip-on's that Harley sold in the early 1990's (I had them on a Dyna).
Mufflers with the 2.25"bafflesmust sound like drag pipes.
The power difference was VERY noticable - immediately. Also very noticablenow, isthe surging at low speed.
I will now have to take my bike into the dealer to have the 0903 "recall" or"Torque Smoothing Calibration"done to it to smooth out the low speed fuel delivery.
I HIGHLY recommend the Rush pipes. They only cost me about $250 and they fit great, sound great, and look great. They also come with a WARRANTY.
They are much better than any of the Screaming Eagle Slip-ons. And if you don't like the sound, for about $70 you can change the baffles to a different size.

Mike

Old 04-03-2007, 01:17 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: porker

I have an '07 FXDL with the 110 c.i. kit. The kit comes with CVO mufflers. I will be doing SERT at 1000 miles.
With regard to h.p., torque and sound, are these mufflers any good?
A good performance set of mufflers or a good 2 into one will make you smile. So the exhaust change and a stage one air kit at the same time.

Check out these guys. I haven't dealt with them but there is a lot of good information on their site.