Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013 | 12:38 PM
Kuminatcha
|
Intermediate
Default Confusion

With all the great information on here it seems the more knowledge gained the more confused I seem to get. After just purchasing a 2013 Road King CVO I obviously want to add some sound to the bike but I'm not sure what to do. Don't want it to be obnoxiously loud just a good sound where I can still hear the tunes. My dealer seems to want to push the stage one and the dyno tune which some say is unnecessary. So I have a few questions. Do the headers need to be changed? Will just changing headers give it a good sound or will it also need slipons? Does a tuner need to be added? Will a dyno be needed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-04-2013 | 03:10 PM
onefastcorvette
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kuminatcha
With all the great information on here it seems the more knowledge gained the more confused I seem to get. After just purchasing a 2013 Road King CVO I obviously want to add some sound to the bike but I'm not sure what to do. Don't want it to be obnoxiously loud just a good sound where I can still hear the tunes. My dealer seems to want to push the stage one and the dyno tune which some say is unnecessary. So I have a few questions. Do the headers need to be changed? Will just changing headers give it a good sound or will it also need slipons? Does a tuner need to be added? Will a dyno be needed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hello Kuminatcha, like you I also have a 13' SERK in "Burgundy Blaze", it became quickly apparent to me that the factory header was going to be the first thing to address, if you want your King to run better and cooler get yourself an after market header and get the bike on the dyno, I went with the full-Sac header with Rineharts and an SE Tuner. You also might want to look into Fuel Moto who can set you up with a right stuff. Good luck!!

Old 04-04-2013 | 03:25 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain

pretty bike

Old 04-04-2013 | 04:08 PM
edpanz
Advanced

I too have the same basic questions...just purchased 13 cvo ultra...1. just bought cat. free header pipes. 2. Have set of monster oval vance and hines, or should I keep stock mufflers on(like the looks of them)? 3. Do I need fuel moto system. Please keep it as simple as possible please. Thanks in advance

Old 04-04-2013 | 04:43 PM
onefastcorvette
Tourer

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
pretty bike
Thanks Harleycharlie.........I really dig my Dyna and enjoyed my sportsters but this bike is just so much fun to ride and I'm enjoying the tunes as well.

Old 04-04-2013 | 04:49 PM
onefastcorvette
Tourer

I too have the same basic questions...just purchased 13 cvo ultra...1. just bought cat. free header pipes. 2. Have set of monster oval vance and hines, or should I keep stock mufflers on(like the looks of them)? 3. Do I need fuel moto system. Please keep it as simple as possible please. Thanks in advance

I think you are on the right track, getting rid of the cat is a great start in my opinion, the mufflers are something you can take on and off and you can decide either way, I have some Rineharts on my 13' SERK but I kept the originals in case I decide to tone it down a bit. I have not had any experience with Fuel Moto but have heard lots of good things about them, if you remove the cat you will need a tune. My bike runs so much better with the full sac header, tune/dyno and amsoil switch. Good luck!!

Old 04-04-2013 | 04:52 PM
Kuminatcha
|
Intermediate
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by onefastcorvette
Hello Kuminatcha, like you I also have a 13' SERK in "Burgundy Blaze", it became quickly apparent to me that the factory header was going to be the first thing to address, if you want your King to run better and cooler get yourself an after market header and get the bike on the dyno, I went with the full-Sac header with Rineharts and an SE Tuner. You also might want to look into Fuel Moto who can set you up with a right stuff. Good luck!!

Thanks and nice bike. I see you've already relocated the blinkers. Any other mods you have in mind? 1st thing I did was lose the horrible windshield and replace it with a normal one. I'm only 5-9 and it was horrible above 70 mph.

Old 04-04-2013 | 04:54 PM
edpanz
Advanced

onefastcorvette; Thanks...simple and easy to understand. After I put the pipes on I should get a tuner, then dyno.

Old 04-04-2013 | 08:08 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member

Keep it simple: Keep headers, replace slip ons with your choice, on a CVO no download or dyno needed for simply swapping mufflers only, you already have the hi-intake ac. Roadkings don't run as hot as bikes that are shrouded with upper and lower fairings like Ultra's. CVO's also come stock with factory installed oil coolers. Although we all reserve the right to spend money on mods that are mostly not needed

Old 04-05-2013 | 07:20 AM
onefastcorvette
Tourer

Thanks and nice bike. I see you've already relocated the blinkers. Any other mods you have in mind? 1st thing I did was lose the horrible windshield and replace it with a normal one. I'm only 5-9 and it was horrible above 70 mph.

Yes, have done a few things already like the lamps and "daymaker". I also had the bike lowered and ride improved with Progressive monotubes up front and Progressive 444s out back, the bike handles like a dream now. Like you the windshield is going to be changed. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Confusion