Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Help with GPS / Phone on 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
beefcake.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with GPS / Phone on 2012

So, I tried using my gps the other day. It would interrupt my music, but no sound would come out. Then the music would resume.

That told me that it's doing something.

I tried again today, nothing. Of course there is nothing that I could find in the owners manual on how the system works "with the bike" or in the Garmin Manual.

So, I started flipping switches, and the volume came up when i had the speaker switch in the "down" position. So, that's working. Perfect! I'm assuming in the middle position it's trying to play through the headphones?

Anyway. I decide to try the phone now. I get the bluetooth working, it's working perfect. I hook it to the bike. Speaker in the down position. And I hear nothing. My wife can still hear me talking, but the music doesn't shut off at all when in phone mode.

I would assume that the music would stop when using the phone. But it''s not. How do i get this working?

Thanks
Beef

Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Harsh1828
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For the gps directions voice you have to adjust the volume when it is talking. Not sure how to help on the phone part.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:59 PM
LA VIC
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by beefcake.
So, I tried using my gps the other day. It would interrupt my music, but no sound would come out. Then the music would resume.

That told me that it's doing something.

I tried again today, nothing. Of course there is nothing that I could find in the owners manual on how the system works "with the bike" or in the Garmin Manual.

So, I started flipping switches, and the volume came up when i had the speaker switch in the "down" position. So, that's working. Perfect! I'm assuming in the middle position it's trying to play through the headphones?

Anyway. I decide to try the phone now. I get the bluetooth working, it's working perfect. I hook it to the bike. Speaker in the down position. And I hear nothing. My wife can still hear me talking, but the music doesn't shut off at all when in phone mode.

I would assume that the music would stop when using the phone. But it''s not. How do i get this working?

Thanks
Beef
You won't get the phone working on a stock Harley. It is specifically designed so you can't talk on the phone while the GPS is in the bike mount. Take the GPS off the bike and stick it in the car mount and you can blue tooth connect away and talk on the phone.....but only with the unit in the car mount. There are aftermarket solutions but they're pretty expensive.