Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

LED Turn Signals 2011/12 SG

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:43 AM
viperpaul
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile LED Turn Signals 2011/12 SG

Hi guys and gals,

Dont post on here much but look a couple of times a day and learn a lot!

This is my second SG and my first CVO which I always wanted, my question is, I love the LED rear turn signals on the bike but I do think HD were a bit short sighted by not fitting LED front turn lights.

Has anyone upgraded the fronts, just LED bulbs? or the complete light unit, with rear LED and the Canbus, do I need an electronic gizmo?

Ride safe

Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by viperpaul
Hi guys and gals,

Dont post on here much but look a couple of times a day and learn a lot!

This is my second SG and my first CVO which I always wanted, my question is, I love the LED rear turn signals on the bike but I do think HD were a bit short sighted by not fitting LED front turn lights.

Has anyone upgraded the fronts, just LED bulbs? or the complete light unit, with rear LED and the Canbus, do I need an electronic gizmo?

Ride safe

Yep, lots of folks have.
Check out "Custom Dymanics". Bright LED's day or night.
Also you WILL need a load equalizer too. They have them too! You will need the 8-pin one if I am correct since you have alarm and is made for the CVO's. If you don't get the load equalizer, your bike will think you have a burnt out bulb and your blinkers will fast blink.
This is truly a plug and play set up. 2 LED's lights, and loader that goes underneath your seat and plugs right in!

Good Luck and Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
viperpaul
Novice

Thanks for that just wondered if I need the electonics as the SG already has LED rears??

Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by viperpaul
Thanks for that just wondered if I need the electonics as the SG already has LED rears??
The CVO's rear LED's first came out in 2009 on the CVO Road Glide and have since continued onto all the CVO Road Glide Customs and Street Glides. Same LED's on my scoot.
So yes, you WILL need them. One of the easiest mod's to change out. Not to mention, they match the rear LED's, can be seen clearly during the day and make a very BIG difference while riding at night! Well worth it, I must admit!

Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 AM
viperpaul
Novice

Thanks a lot mate, love the Glide but its a big monster bigger than my 5' 6" is able to handle.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 16,020 Likes on 4,992 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Yep, lots of folks have.
Check out "Custom Dymanics". Bright LED's day or night.
Also you WILL need a load equalizer too. They have them too! You will need the 8-pin one if I am correct since you have alarm and is made for the CVO's. If you don't get the load equalizer, your bike will think you have a burnt out bulb and your blinkers will fast blink.
This is truly a plug and play set up. 2 LED's lights, and loader that goes underneath your seat and plugs right in!

Good Luck and Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD
I just put the CD led lights on my 09 cvo road glide and although I was told I needed the load equalizer, which I bought, I put the lights in first and tried them and they work perfectly without the equalizer, going to return it today. you might try it first, as my alarm, signals, 4 way flashers and even brake lights work just fine

Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
I just put the CD led lights on my 09 cvo road glide and although I was told I needed the load equalizer, which I bought, I put the lights in first and tried them and they work perfectly without the equalizer, going to return it today. you might try it first, as my alarm, signals, 4 way flashers and even brake lights work just fine
I was told also that I didn't need one.

Well guess what? I did. It seems that some scoots did or didn't need a load equalizer. Doesn't make sense to me.

Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 05-11-2012, 05:30 AM
viperpaul
Novice

Just to confirm that I did not need the load equaliser, both the hazard lights and the indicators work fine.

Takes about 30 seconds each side to fit, very impressed with the product, also bought the laydown stop/tail light as Euro SG's have a big rear light.