Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Screwed by Harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Jasel CVO
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Screwed by Harley

Defective chrome on my 2010 FLHTCUSE5?caused thousands in damage (including ruining the engine finish). HD refused to even inspect the bike and denied the warranty. An independent lab determined that the plating process on most parts was defective (evidenced by two other late model Harley's that showed no damage at all, stored in the same garage bay.

I ended up suing Harley and getting a settlement (I am not permitted to discuss), which didn't come close to restoring the bike to its original condition.

Since 1987 I have purchased 7 new Harleys, and prolly spent in excess of $250,000 in bikes, parts, accessories clothing and othe rHD branded merchandise. Since the warranty refusal, I have spent $0.00 on anything with a Harley logo. Maybe it won't hurt their bottom line, but hopefully they'll notice the absence of sales to me.

More important, I spent a great deal of time relaying through Internet reviews and comments the deficiencies in my local dealers sales and service staff. I was definitely not alone in my opinion of the dealer, Crossroads HD of Center Valley, PA. I needn't warn people not to shop their, as, I hope, my reviews gave potential customers a chance to think about a strictly profit oriented business, and the service they were not likely to receive as a customer; and the fact that they are now out of business.

As sponsors of the Coopersburg HOG chapter, the same values were shared by the chapter, with les camaraderie than clique.

I still enjoy my Harleys, but I will no longer support thrir profits.

I only hope someone from HD reads this and passes along the info to the president of the company so he can consider why HD lost thousands in profits based on some sniveling minions decision to take it upon himself to deny my warranty

Remember, an independent testing lab made the determination that the plating was defective (not surprising on a bike less than 6 months old).

So, if you see a CVO Ultra on the road with excessive peeling and pitting of the chrome, and a plaque describing how it got that way, it might be mine.

Shame on you Harley for the treatment of those who made your business a success. I hope someday, I have the chance to reciprocate, even if it means suffering an injury caused by a defective part.

And each year I will visit a local dealer and remind them that had they not ignored a good customer, they would probably be watching a Road Glide rolled out the door and twenty grand sitting in the till. Not to mention the big inch engine and numerous parts remaining unsold on the shelves.

I might even go so far to offer HD owners incentives to retain their existing sleds in lieu of trading them in on overpriced bikes manufactured by employees who have also lost faith in any fairness HD might have provided by rewarding them for putting their best effort into building superior machines.

My note nation is also to put some sort of plaque on the 2010 CVO explaining the reasons most of the chrome is pitted and peeled and how it reached that state.

I still get a great deal of pleasure riding my bikes, just ot in supporting an organization that puts its profits far above customer satisfaction.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,914 Likes on 4,971 Posts

nice 1st post!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
IRISHSE
Cruiser

Very well written and sounds alot like corporate America today. Only worried about the bottomline not that the consumers that originally got them there customer service views are. Everything seems to be made cheaply and inferior, BUT that is what we asked for when we started purchasing all that Chinese junk and then demanded lower pricing.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Well...that's one way to introduce yourself. Guess you won't be buying another Harley w/your settlement $$$.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the same problem on my 08 SE3. Harley replaced ALL my damaged pitted chrome, everything under warranty, had to be a couple of thousand dollars worth. Now my wheels are peeling.

Guess it was too much for Harley to continue doing from what I have seen on the newer bikes. Chrome pitted and pealing on some of the 2012's as well.

Quality American made product with cheap low bid Chinese products. Got to keep the investors happy, and pay the unions to hell with the end user.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

think i will start skipping my annual wash job on my bike...let the dirt hide the flaws!! now if the gaskets and seals will start weeping a little oil, i will never know i have a problem.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM
DC666
Cruiser

That sure sucks the way they wouldn't take care of you. Maybe someone will read this and help you out. Good thing I like blacking things out not chrome. Keep riding safe.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

First of all, welcome to the forum. I love HD also, if I had your experience I'd feel the same way, and would probably be reluctant about buying another HD.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:47 PM
sask1
Cruiser

black it out with BBQ paint and all is right with the world!!!!!