Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:51 AM
nmer
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

The exhaust on my FXDSE has a definite sound but it could stand to be a bit louder. I have been searching but am a bit reluctant to jump too soon. I like the looks of the new Vance and Hines Radius 2to1 that will be available in April 2007. It loks like it will not cover as much of the rear wheel and that is a good thing since this baby looks real good. The 2to1 should also give the engine a kick. Anyone have any thoughts on this new 2 to 1 or any other exhaust for the FXDSE.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:06 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

Rinehart 2 into 1

Old 01-09-2007, 09:08 PM
wmlafond
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you decide to do on your exhaust - I just bought a FXDSE as well, and am seriously looking at the V&H's Big Radius 2:1's as well.

My dealer believes I can achieve 120-122 lbs torque and 105 hp with them using SERT. My dealer wasnegative about the Rheinarts- said they have never had good performance results from them. They did say that they have had good performance results from Bassani's but that their build quality and especially there heat shields were crap.

Appreciate hearing about what you did and any dyno results

Bill LaFond
Glendive, MT

Old 01-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Erikson45
1st Gear

I put on the Rinehart Dual Staggereds last month. Dyno numbers were 80 HP, 108 TQ. I also put in the quiet baffles so my neighbors would not hate me. Although it was not the increase I expected, I did it more for the sound. With the 110", how much more power do you really need anyway. Not many Harley's on the road will keep up with me anyway. I had Rineharts on my last Harley and I loved them.I know Icould have gotten better performance with the 2 into 1 system, but I don't like the look. The Rineharts are nice and short, especially compared to those huge stock mufflers. But, oh that sound.....Nice deep rumble and they hear you coming when you give it a twist!

Old 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
wmlafond
Intermediate

Erickson45: Do you have any good pictures of your bike with new pipes on it? Love to see what they look like. Also - did you add SERT to your bike when you made the exhaust change? Were those dyno numbers with or without SERT?

Old 01-11-2007, 07:15 PM
O.Olsson
Novice

I'm waiting for my Gold One but will go with black Samson 2to1 to give it little more contrast with the gold and chrome,
Hopefully they will have 20% lower sound than the dual big shot Big3 i had on my StreetBob. They atleast talk about on the 2007 exhausts.

//O.Olsson

Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Erikson45
1st Gear

I have pictures. As soon as I figure out how to post them, I will. Error message is "file too large". I did not use the SERT. Just the Rineharts with the Power Commander. The Dyno numbers were after the installation of both the PC and the exhaust.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:01 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you looked at the D&D Fat Cat 2 into 1. I got one on my 07 wide glide and its a nice pipe.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/01/49632b.htm

Old 01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Erikson45

I put on the Rinehart Dual Staggereds last month. Dyno numbers were 80 HP, 108 TQ. I also put in the quiet baffles so my neighbors would not hate me. Although it was not the increase I expected, I did it more for the sound. With the 110", how much more power do you really need anyway. Not many Harley's on the road will keep up with me anyway. I had Rineharts on my last Harley and I loved them.I know Icould have gotten better performance with the 2 into 1 system, but I don't like the look. The Rineharts are nice and short, especially compared to those huge stock mufflers. But, oh that sound.....Nice deep rumble and they hear you coming when you give it a twist!
[sm=huh.gif] ????? Dyno run on mybone stockSE Dyna - 89hp : 105 fp torque

Old 01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Erikson45
1st Gear

Wildwil,
I was told by my service guy that the published TQ numbers were rarely attained by the average factory bike. Looks like you may have proven him wrong. I am wondering how good the guy was with the Dyno tuning or if the Rineharts are the issue. I do notice that the torque is better with the Rineharts, so there is definitely an improvement over the stock exhaust. However, I don't think I would notice the difference from 105 TQ to 108 TQ. It is very perplexing to me! I take suggestions from anyone.

Quick Reply: FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion