Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
SE_Dyna
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

wildwill & nmer
The mounting hole for the Brawler is pre-drilled. If I remember correctly the hole on top of the fender is where the stock seat was attached (underneath the strap on the seat). I'm not sure what the other hole is for... it had a black plug in it when I removed the seat. The brawler comes with another black plug for the hole where the stock seat was attached. I just found some chrome plugs to replace the black plastic ones.

I also bought my bike in November. I wasgoing to wait until 1000 mi. for the pipes and SERT but at 800 I couldn't take it any longer and went for it. I was having a tough time deciding between the Big Radius and the Big Shots.......now I know I made the right decision. I'm sure the 2 into 1would provide better performance....but I have to have two pipes on my Harley.

I don't thing the Big Radius are too loud.....at highway speed there is more wind noise than pipe noise (until you mash on it....then they come to life).
My cousing has V&H Big Shots on his '07 Deluxe and they make his ears ring after awhile.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:40 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SE_Dyna
Thanks for all the great info. Two morequestions for ya.
1. Is the Brawler seat comfortable? How about on long rides? (I've ridden 100 miles through the mountains with the stock seat with no problems)
2. Where did you get the chrome plugs?

I guess that's actually 3 questions. [sm=lol.gif]
Thanks again.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
SE_Dyna
Novice

ORIGINAL: wildwill

SE_Dyna
1. Is the Brawler seat comfortable? How about on long rides? (I've ridden 100 miles through the mountains with the stock seat with no problems)

Thanks again.
I don't think the Brawler is quite a comfortable as the stock.....it took me a couple of rides to get used to it but it feels just fine now. My longest ride in one day has been about 120 miles so far and no problems.

I got the chrome plugs from my dad.....he's retired from the bike business and just rides now. If you can't find any just let me know and i'll send you some.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Texas FXDSE
Stage I

SE_Dyna, Im new to the forum and i have the Red and Black FXDSE. I just wanted to compliment you on how sharp your bike looks. I ordered my Big Radius pipes about 3 weeks ago and they are now back ordered until March. I had yet to see them on a bike like mine but after seeing yours i am completely positive i made the right choice. Safe Riding!

Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SE_Dyna

ORIGINAL: wildwill

SE_Dyna

Thanks again.
I don't think the Brawler is quite a comfortable as the stock.....it took me a couple of rides to get used to it but it feels just fine now. My longest ride in one day has been about 120 miles so far and no problems.

I got the chrome plugs from my dad.....he's retired from the bike business and just rides now. If you can't find any just let me know and i'll send you some.
Thanks. I'll keep you in mind if I can't find the plugs locally.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Treid_FXDSE
Stage III

I have the same bike and am ordering the Big Radius pipes, will my dealer know how to program the Sert and do you have any specifications or map info for what your dealer did.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Bikerdoc
Novice

First off, I am prejudiced. I like the look of the factory pipes - I am not a big fan of 2 into 1 on Softails or Dyna's unless you are building a race bike only. Just my opinion ONLY.
I also wanted to get great sound with power gains without having to delete the O2 sensor in the head pipe. So, that left mostly with slip ons - other options are now coming out since I changed mine in December.
I found some great slip-on's that I LOVE.

I first triedmodifying the stock mufflers by drilling holes in the baffles.
I tried this and I was not impressed at all. Very little change in sound and NO change in performance.

Next,Harley Screaming Eagle Street Performance Slip-Ons.
Very little louder than the stock mufflers.
Straight out of the box the sound like the SE II's
The baffles could be removed and altered in these, but I had already tried that with the stock mufflers and I wasn't happy.

And finallyBEST.Rush Mufflers makes a great Slip-On replacement with your choice of at least 3 different Baffle sizes 1.75", 2", and 2.25", for some pipes they offer 6 different baffle sizes. You can go from not-so-loud todamn LOUD by just swapping around the baffles. One set of Baffles comes with the pipes (your choice of size) and you can order the othersizes seperately if you aren't happy with the ones you got - nice option without having to buy different mufflers.
Cost-$249.99 from various places - can be bought direct off the internet or from many Harley Dealers.Rush has a great web site with all their different models shown there. www.epiflex.com/rush_dyna.html

Inow have theRUSH slip-ons. Great mufflers, easy to install and they sound great.
It took me less than an hourto changethemufflers.
I got the 2.00" baffles and they are plenty loud.Louder than the old Screaming Eagle slip-on's that Harley sold in the early 1990's (I had them on a Dyna).
Mufflers with the 2.25"bafflesmust sound like drag pipes.
The power difference was VERY noticable - immediately. Also very noticablenow, isthe surging at low speed.
I will now have to take my bike into the dealer to have the 0903 "recall" or"Torque Smoothing Calibration"done to it to smooth out the low speed fuel delivery.
I HIGHLY recommend the Rush pipes. They only cost me about $250 and they fit great, sound great, and look great. They also come with a WARRANTY.
They are much better than any of the Screaming Eagle Slip-ons. And if you don't like the sound, for about $70 you can change the baffles to a different size.

I also installed the K&N filter element in my air cleaner - You have to use both the stick-on rubber seal that comes with the K&N filter and you also need to re-use the thickrubber gasket that isstuck on the stock element - for adequate clearance of the 110' cover.
Mike

Old 04-09-2007, 02:52 PM
KLINK67
3rd Gear

On the 23rd of this month they will be installing the D&D Fat Cat system on the my 07 FXDSE plus the PC III and stage one air system. I was told by the Harley Tech thatthe SERTwould be a problem for warranty.It suposidly attaches its self to the hard drive on the Harley Computer. Sowhen itcomes time to warranty issues it will automatically state that an after market Scream'n Eagle Race tuner has been installed. Automatically voiding any warranty. The PC III is a link between the computer and does not attach it self to the hard drive on the Harley computer. When it comes time for warranty work you easily detach the cable between the computer and no one knows the difference. This is what the Tech told me off to the side.