Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 PM
wmlafond
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion

Erik

I'm not sure what you should expect from those Rheinharts, but I'd be very disappointed with those numbers. I'd go back to my dealer and complain.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
SE_Dyna
Novice

I picked up the Dyna Saturday after having V&H Big Radius and SERT installed.
Here are the numbers:

Stock.........Max Power = 86.18
Max Torque = 103.10

Modified.......Max Power = 94.16
Max Torque = 110.46

The bike already ran great before but now it has that deep Harley Growl that I was looking for.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 PM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SE_Dyna... Sweet looking bike with sweet performance nums and sound. Outstanding ride you have there.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
wmlafond
Intermediate

Those V&H BR's look great on the FXDSE! Question - do they have baffles in them or are they open?

Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SE_Dyna - What seat is that and how is it attached? I'm looking to change mine to a solo also.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:55 PM
SE_Dyna
Novice

ORIGINAL: wildwill

SE_Dyna - What seat is that and how is it attached? I'm looking to change mine to a solo also.
The seat is the Brawler from Harley and itattaches in the front just like the stock one and in the rear with a chrome **** w/ Harley logo insert.......takes about 10 min to remove stock seat and install solo.

You can see the **** in the following pics.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:03 PM
SE_Dyna
Novice

ORIGINAL: wmlafond

Those V&H BR's look great on the FXDSE! Question - do they have baffles in them or are they open?
They do have baffles in them and they are PLENTY loud when you mash on it........nice deep sound though....not tinny (sp)

Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 PM
SE_Dyna
Novice

[sm=yikesomg.gif]
ORIGINAL: wildwill[sm=yikesomg.gif]

ORIGINAL: Erikson45

I put on the Rinehart Dual Staggereds last month. Dyno numbers were 80 HP, 108 TQ. I also put in the quiet baffles so my neighbors would not hate me. Although it was not the increase I expected, I did it more for the sound. With the 110", how much more power do you really need anyway. Not many Harley's on the road will keep up with me anyway. I had Rineharts on my last Harley and I loved them.I know Icould have gotten better performance with the 2 into 1 system, but I don't like the look. The Rineharts are nice and short, especially compared to those huge stock mufflers. But, oh that sound.....Nice deep rumble and they hear you coming when you give it a twist!
[sm=huh.gif] ????? Dyno run on mybone stockSE Dyna - 89hp : 105 fp torque
WILDWILL

Do you have pipes and SERT on that Dyna? If not it's gonna be one mean mother with those stock numbers!!!!
You better hold on is all I can say

Old 01-19-2007, 12:41 AM
nmer
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Job. I am so glad you posted the pictures with the Big Radius and Brawler seat. I have beed trying to figure out what pipes to go with. I also would like to go with a solo seat as I do not plan on riding solo with this bike. I have the darker FXDSE and now sine you posted your pictures wonder how the Brawler with the blue stripping would look. How loud are those Big Radius pipes? I want louder than stock but do not my ears to ring after I get off. Your posted Dyno numbers also look like an approvement over stock. The only other pipe that I have been thinking about is the new Big Radius 2 into 1 that Vance says will be available shortly; but those pipes on your bike look hard to beat.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:46 AM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SE_Dyna

ORIGINAL: wildwill

The seat is the Brawler from Harley and itattaches in the front just like the stock one and in the rear with a chrome **** w/ Harley logo insert.......takes about 10 min to remove stock seat and install solo.

You can see the **** in the following pics.
SE_Dyna
I haven't had the stock seat off yet. Is the rear mounting hole for the Brawler seatpre-set or did you have to drill it out? And I notice another plug in your fender.What is thatcovering? Mounting hole for something else?

And no, I haven't changed the pipes or added a SERT. Waiting until I do the 1000 mile service in the spring. I also need to get the new factory download (torque smoothing). I bought the bike in November and haven't even had a chance to break it in yet. Every nice day we've had, my wife has wanted to ride and that means taking the Road King. Now it's winter. [:@]
I figure many different combos will have been tried and posted about by the time I'm ready to start changing stuff. I'll be able to pick from the bestof the best.

Quick Reply: FXDSE Exhaust Suggestion