Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My next bike will be a CVO Road Glide, without question. I am just waiting for the 120" to make the trip in to the new CVOs. If that happens this year, I'm writing the check...

Anybody who thinks the CVOs aren't a good deal, I beg to differ. I own a 37K Night Train.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Cause I won't own a bike that cost less than my wrist watch.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Yep, that all makes perfect sense, IF..... you are OK riding a stock, underperforming bike, AND if you trade a lot and it matters to you what that trade-in value is..... I'm not, hence why I don't have one..... but I do thing the white/black one is sharp as hell.......
So what made you modify your under performing 88" to a under performing 95"? Did you get tired of being spanked by Suzuki Burgman 650cc automatic scooters owners?

Face it, all Harleys are under performing in the motorcycle world.
We don't purchase Harleys for acceleration, if you did, you screwed the pooch.

Last edited by cptdenny; 03-02-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

hoofnhog, I wouldn't brag that you own HD stock, and then use that as if you are profiting from a CVO buyer. If you think making a tiny dividend is profit from your investment, then I can see why you don't own a CVO in the first place.

Trust me, the MoCo profits more from guys like me who buy a straight line model and invests heavily for that individual look. The CVO is a straight up great deal from the MoCo considering what you get. My next bike will be a RG CVO because the building and customizing process is 90% finished at a 50% discount, and I'm a guy who want's it all done right now... My NT came off the show room floor stock and was delivered to me as you see it, complete with motor work..

There are some CVOs that are show stoppers for me, and most other CVO models are not. The 2011 CVO RG definitely is, and I am not a bagger guy...
My wife hinted to me that she might want to start riding with me, so now I'm ready for a second bike.

Power? Power is money, plain and simple.. Want a Harley with power, be in a position to buy it without whining like a little girl about money. The whining doesn't look good my friend....
A guy who can spend 40K on a Harley can usually and painlessly spend a few more bucks if he wants to go faster.

Last edited by George C; 03-02-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 AM
2manytoys
Tourer

Seems like the RG might be the least popular model. If you have a CVO and didn't buy a RG why not? And if you did what did you like about the bike? I personally like the looks of the bike and feel that it handles better than the bat wing faring as I have also owned a Street glide and an Ultra.
I went to my dealer to buy the 12 CVO RG...thought I wanted one for more highway stability. I test drove a used 11 RG and found that they have thier own wind management problems when it comes to buffeting and there was some fitment issues for me to be comfortable. I just didn't want to start from scratch to make the adjustments. I know what works on the SG to help on both accounts and already had the parts off my 09 SG to make the adjustments. Plus the SG came with lowers and a little bit better sound system. Although I am contemplating yanking the whole BOOM audio system out because it is too bulkey and marginal at best.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Plain and simple, I could not afford the extra amount! I am very happy with my 2012 RGC, but sure would have been happy with a CVO RG. Someday I will probably buy a CVO, but they most likely will be $40-50K by then.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
So what made you modify your under performing 88" to a under performing 95"? Did you get tired of being spanked by Suzuki Burgman 650cc automatic scooters owners?

Face it, all Harleys are under performing in the motorcycle world.
We don't purchase Harleys for acceleration, if you did, you screwed the pooch.
Boy, you just don't get it. I'll try one more time... now read for comprehension, K???

My 95 incher produces more HP/TQ per cubic inch than any 110 inch CVO that Harley has ever placed on a showroom floor...... THAT'S what I meant by underperforming.... my 106 inch RoadKing has even better ratios..... that's all...it's that simple..... I'm not trying to dissuade you or anyone else from buying a CVO.... My opinion is that you can take that same money and "roll your own" from a stock bike and end up with a much better performing bike that is certainly more unique than the production bike CVO's, ( I own two of them now).... there is NOTHING "custom" about CVO's...... ???????????????????

Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Boy, you just don't get it. I'll try one more time... now read for comprehension, K???

My 95 incher produces more HP/TQ per cubic inch than any 110 inch CVO that Harley has ever placed on a showroom floor...... THAT'S what I meant by underperforming.... my 106 inch RoadKing has even better ratios..... that's all...it's that simple..... I'm not trying to dissuade you or anyone else from buying a CVO.... My opinion is that you can take that same money and "roll your own" from a stock bike and end up with a much better performing bike that is certainly more unique than the production bike CVO's, ( I own two of them now).... there is NOTHING "custom" about CVO's...... ???????????????????
Apparently you DON'T GET IT! If we can afford to purchase a CVO for cash in the first place. We can afford to modify them as well. Personally I have added another $6K in further mods to my 5 month old CVO.

With your way of thinking you could have saved tens of thousands if you went out and purchased a Honda Helix scooter instead of that money trap of yours. After all the Helix will still get you from point A to point B just as quick as your over paid under performing modded out HD, within the posted speed limit.

You're like a Corvette owner trying to tell a Bently Turbo owner how he wasted his money on his Bently.

Enjoy your one-of-a-kind HD, while appreciating the fact that you're the only one that would pay so much for your ride.

Last edited by cptdenny; 03-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by George C
hoofnhog, I wouldn't brag that you own HD stock, and then use that as if you are profiting from a CVO buyer. If you think making a tiny dividend is profit from your investment, then I can see why you don't own a CVO in the first place.

Ok... you can't read for comprehension either....I'll try to 'splain it,K????.... I bought a shyt ton of HD stock at the IPO in the 80's...... the dividends over the years have been an insignificant part of the investment.... the splits have been better revenue builders...... but the volatility of the last 5 years has been the real goldmine! When you can sell your stock off in the high $50's and buy it all back for under than 10 bucks less than a year later, then watch it grow back to $50 in less than a year again, man, now that's why I keep messin with my Harley stock! Ford was even better...... you could buy all you wanted in late 2008 for just over a buck! Sure hope you didn't miss that one! Hell, I tripled my money on that one in FIVE WEEKS! I used part of my Ford windfall to right a check for my '09 King.....and after being torn back apart this Winter, I'll have spent close to $40K on her....

So, yes, I spend a lot of money on my Harleys.... 'cause I want to, I can, and I don't borrow a penny to do it.... and your right, power costs $$$$....... but we all love 'em and I hope you ride the hell outta yours..... I could care less if you ride a Shadow as long as you are doing your own thing and it makes you smile........

Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't think "you" get it.
The 110" must meet federal emissions to be sold as a new vehicle in the USA, remember?
Consider the restrictions on the 110" in order to make emissions. At least, I hope you can. Sure, it's easy to say that you and I have a great advantage over a stock 110" from the work we have done to our engines, but the fact remains that the CVO is a 110" CID engine to begin with, not an 88", and even less engine work will produce results that will destroy our 95" engine.

I look for the CVO to have the 120" in the frame this August. Tune up that guy and you will have a nice running bike.

BTW, I don't do much in stocks. My wife and I do have a 401K that I can place money in at tax time to keep my accountant happy and to keep some deffered tax money to uh-hum..build. A few pieces of nice stocks to keep my friend who is a broker happy, but my investments are within my own business. I don't do volatility, especially under someone else's control. I like to bet on "me"..

Last edited by George C; 03-02-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one