Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:32 AM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Yep, that all makes perfect sense, IF..... you are OK riding a stock, underperforming bike, AND if you trade a lot and it matters to you what that trade-in value is..... I'm not, hence why I don't have one..... but I do thing the white/black one is sharp as hell.......
The reason I bought the Cvo was that I always buy and add on never getting back even a reasonable % of what you put into it. The value seems to be based on what a third party will finance the bike for. Values unfortunately have nothing to do with add ons.

We are getting away from the intent of the thread which was to find out why CVO owners liked or didn't like the Road Glide.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 AM
babyray
Tourer

Wouldn't have one if you gave it to me or any of the new hot running EPA overloaded, overpriced pieces of ****. I'll put my old 04 95" up against it anytime.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by babyray
Wouldn't have one if you gave it to me or any of the new hot running EPA overloaded, overpriced pieces of ****. I'll put my old 04 95" up against it anytime.
That's the spirit!!! SO nice to see a forum member who has respect for what someone else has chosen and is enjoying.......Did anybody on here say that an 04 was a piece of crap--NO!!! So why insult what makes someone else happy?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 PM
steelhead
Road Master

Hmmm, my 110 with power duals, highflow AC and pipes plus cams against your 04 "95. I like my chances.

I had an 88 RK which was bumped to 95 with cams, AC, exhaust, head work, etc. It weighed over 100# less than my CVO SG and while a quick bike, wouldn't stand a chance against the SG.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by steelhead
Hmmm, my 110 with power duals, highflow AC and pipes plus cams against your 04 "95. I like my chances.
Here's is a little 'ol 95 build that will take you upon that:

By hoofmender at 2009-02-22

I have an 1/8 mile dragstrip less than an hour from the house that runs every Friday night in the Summer.... bring that bad 'ol 110 on over.....

"I'm your huckleberry"

Tell you what, I'll even let a woman drive her... here is my friend, Angie with her.....

By hoofmender at 2011-01-12

Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
SRQ Rider
4th Gear

I love the looks of the CVO RG and seriously considered buying one but after renting an 11 RG Custom and putting just over 2k miles on it and not feeling really comfortable I rented a RKC and it just worked better for me. Seat, suspension, wind protection, and removable windshield fit the bill for me better than the CVO parts and stereo. I have begun customizing the RKC and I'm having a blast making it mine. Congrats on the SG it is a beautiful bike.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM
fj1200
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I did not like the fixed fairing on the Road Glide when I did a demo ride on one. I am more comfortable with the bat wing fairing on the Street Glide/ Electra Glide, so that is why I will be trading my Ultra Limited for a Screamin' Eagle Street Glide (besides I wanted the kick *** sound system on the Street Glide)

Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

liked the look,yes I am wierd.To me it rode like I was on a Harley with a grocery cart out front.Enjoy.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by babyray

Hey man go start your own thread about how you hate Cvo's and how there's no need to read the the topic before writing something totally unrelated to the topic.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 PM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been to hundreds of "bike nights" and work daily around bikes and bikers. I find it odd that I never hear guys say out in the parking lot of a bar what they will say when they have a keyboard in their hands. Its ridiculous to call other guys bikes POS, or say they are stupid for their choice of bike.

I also find it funny that all these CVO haters frequent the CVO forum. I like hearing opinions stated intelligently and even enjoy a good debate, but this childish bashing is why a lot of guys avoid forums.

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one