Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:45 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

Always amazes me the CVO haters that post on the CVO forum. What ever dude.

Aren't they all Harleys?

It is really amazing that sometimes, riders that enjoy a stock Harley vs a rider that enjoys a CVO Harley can't get along. (at least on this forum)

Not taking sides, but it does seem like those that don't have CVO's are the ones that hate. Not the other way around.

That's why they make different models, to each their own!

Who cares, Just ride and Enjoy.

YB

Old 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb765
LOL....the bars can be changed.....try to reach the radio...lol
...Or read the gauges if not farsighted.

Nice bike though.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,398 Likes on 5,515 Posts

Originally Posted by dlrshort
Seems like the RG might be the least popular model. If you have a CVO and didn't buy a RG why not? And if you did what did you like about the bike? I personally like the looks of the bike and feel that it handles better than the bat wing faring as I have also owned a Street glide and an Ultra.
RG ,RGU and CVO RG seem to move off the floor here.
I am on my second RG it is a RGU 2011. The reason I did not buy the 2012 CVO is I had just bought the 2011 RGU.
If you buy right and you want the mods on a CVO they can be a fair deal I said CAN if you buy right.
My problem is one I pay cash for my rides with my 07 RG trade and the cash I put away I walked out with the RGU and money left in the bike account. I also like to try and come up with so mods of my own and with a CVO often not much sense ion changing them .
There are some really sharp CVO's and some that are just kind of ok.
But no madder what if it what you want and you can swing jump right in.
With about 80K on RG's now I doubt I would go back to a BAT wing.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 street bob
If I have to explain it you wouldn't understand!
LOL..you don't have to explain it to me...I was explaining it to you..... I don't HATE the CVOs...quite the opposite...I think they are some of the nicest stock bikes done by anyone, but that's what they are.... there is nothing "custom" about them...... they are an overpriced, under performing STOCK PRODUCTION bike..... if you buy your bikes to resell, then maybe you can pose on one of these as "special" and get out from under it when you have to..... but you can do WAAAAAAYYYYYY better on your own in both appearance and especially performance......

Read the article in this month's V Twin mag..... guy in there on a CVO Ultra got tired of seeing the exact bike everywhere and did a major work over on it...that's what happens to most of them, and that was my point..... overpriced, underperforming, and just like everyone elses'..... if that's your cup of tea, I'm all for it.... I own a boat load of HD stock that I have had since the IPO,(well, I actually sold it all off in the $50's when it was crashing in '08 and bought it all back for less than $10), and I applaud each and everyone of you that contribute to my well being.....

I don't finance or buy my bikes to re-sell .... I don't owe a penny on any of the three that I own,never did, and I bought the Norton new in 1973....went to Alaska and back on it when I was 19............

I like the RG,they handle the best of the fairing bikes, and if I was going to live with a fairing it would be my weapon of choice.

No hating here....just reality.......

The Crack *****, an '03 FXST

By hoofmender at 2009-02-22

Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
LOL..you don't have to explain it to me...I was explaining it to you..... I don't HATE the CVOs...quite the opposite...I think they are some of the nicest stock bikes done by anyone, but that's what they are.... there is nothing "custom" about them...... they are an overpriced, under performing STOCK PRODUCTION bike..... if you buy your bikes to resell, then maybe you can pose on one of these as "special" and get out from under it when you have to..... but you can do WAAAAAAYYYYYY better on your own in both appearance and especially performance......

Read the article in this month's V Twin mag..... guy in there on a CVO Ultra got tired of seeing the exact bike everywhere and did a major work over on it...that's what happens to most of them, and that was my point..... overpriced, underperforming, and just like everyone elses'..... if that's your cup of tea, I'm all for it.... I own a boat load of HD stock that I have had since the IPO,(well, I actually sold it all off in the $50's when it was crashing in '08 and bought it all back for less than $10), and I applaud each and everyone of you that contribute to my well being.....

I don't finance or buy my bikes to re-sell .... I don't owe a penny on any of the three that I own,never did, and I bought the Norton new in 1973....went to Alaska and back on it when I was 19............

I like the RG,they handle the best of the fairing bikes, and if I was going to live with a fairing it would be my weapon of choice.

No hating here....just reality.......

The Crack *****, an '03 FXST

By hoofmender at 2009-02-22
I think you are missing your own point. I dont won $$ on my bike either, no clue why everyone feels the need to point that out, but since you brought it up, there you go. I bought a CVO because I liked it, I dont enjoy working on bikes, I dont enjoy my bike being worked on, I dont enjoy picking out accessories. I enjoy riding. I have many other hobbies to waste time and money on, so I eat, sleep and breath biking. For this reason, the CVO is a good purchase for me, all I did was add the Stage 1 kit and I am all set. Value, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what is a smart purchase for me isnt for you.

I also collect guns, but I havent fired one in years, that is probably ridiculous, but its a hobby of mine that I enjoy. I wouldnt enjoy customizing a bike, its just not my thing. Therefore its worth the extra 10G to let H-D do it for me. I am not saying I have a better bike, a faster bike, but I have the best bike for ME, and thats what its all about.

Good night to you all.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by captainron62
I think you are missing your own point. I dont won $$ on my bike either, no clue why everyone feels the need to point that out, but since you brought it up, there you go. I bought a CVO because I liked it, I dont enjoy working on bikes, I dont enjoy my bike being worked on, I dont enjoy picking out accessories. I enjoy riding. I have many other hobbies to waste time and money on, so I eat, sleep and breath biking. For this reason, the CVO is a good purchase for me, all I did was add the Stage 1 kit and I am all set. Value, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what is a smart purchase for me isnt for you.

I also collect guns, but I havent fired one in years, that is probably ridiculous, but its a hobby of mine that I enjoy. I wouldnt enjoy customizing a bike, its just not my thing. Therefore its worth the extra 10G to let H-D do it for me. I am not saying I have a better bike, a faster bike, but I have the best bike for ME, and thats what its all about.

Good night to you all.
Well Said!!! Whether you like to work on it or not, customize it or leave it stock, it's all about what makes you happy!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by captainron62

Good night to you all.
Good enough..... you are the perfect demographic for these bikes.....

oh.... I brought up the no finance comment because YOU said 90 percent of them were financed....... I knew I wasn't a one percenter but now I know I'm a ten percenter???

I share your enthusiasm for guns, own a bunch, but I do shoot the hell outta them....... I do collect knives though, and I haven't cut anyone since I was 19....

Enjoy your scoot........

Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Back Road Mike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didn't I buy a '12 CVO RG.

Because I bought a '11 CVO SG. It's what "I" wanted.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
dallastarrs@aol.com
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
The whole CVO program is Harley's most brilliant marketing scheme ever...... who else could get you to pay $12-$14K over the actual cost of the bike and still get your *** spanked by any decent built 95 incher???? You could have bought a standard RG, put $10k back into it yourself, and end up with twice the bike, unique to you only, (not a stock bike that you are gonna see three more of in any parking lot), and STILL have the extra 4 grand in your pocket?????

The few that I know that actually bought CVO bikes have ended up still spending all the extra $$$ anyway to get them right........ now you have $40K in an $18K bike..... BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can write a check for one if I wanted to, but if I won Powerball tomorrow you would never see me spend money that foolishly.(probably why I CAN write a check for one )....

By hoofmender at 2011-04-12
This is why I disagree with your opinion.
First example: I owned a 1998 anniversary edition Ultra. installed 6 speed trans. stage 2 kit and over $14,000 in chrome and extras which equaled about $20,000 in extras. In 2009 I bought a CVO Anniversary edition Ultra with 1,000 miles on it for $28,500. Tried to sell my 1998 ultra no luck so I traded it in and all I could get was what that bike would be worth in excellent shape $10,500 in trade. You lose everything when you add it on.
Second example: Last month I went to buy a 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom. Wanted to trade in my 2008 CVO Ultra. HD offer me 25,500 in trade with you tax savinging in trade thats $27,100. If I had of spent the time to sell the bike myself I might get $27,000 and then have to pay the taxes on that. Bought the bike for $30,666 no mark up. I do understand about making it yourself and having a one of. What I'm tiring to say is if its a CVO you get your money back, make it yourself be prepared to love it forever or lose money!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
hoofnhog
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dallastarrs@aol.com
This is why I disagree with your opinion.
First example: I owned a 1998 anniversary edition Ultra. installed 6 speed trans. stage 2 kit and over $14,000 in chrome and extras which equaled about $20,000 in extras. In 2009 I bought a CVO Anniversary edition Ultra with 1,000 miles on it for $28,500. Tried to sell my 1998 ultra no luck so I traded it in and all I could get was what that bike would be worth in excellent shape $10,500 in trade. You lose everything when you add it on.
Second example: Last month I went to buy a 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom. Wanted to trade in my 2008 CVO Ultra. HD offer me 25,500 in trade with you tax savinging in trade thats $27,100. If I had of spent the time to sell the bike myself I might get $27,000 and then have to pay the taxes on that. Bought the bike for $30,666 no mark up. I do understand about making it yourself and having a one of. What I'm tiring to say is if its a CVO you get your money back, make it yourself be prepared to love it forever or lose money!
Yep, that all makes perfect sense, IF..... you are OK riding a stock, underperforming bike, AND if you trade a lot and it matters to you what that trade-in value is..... I'm not, hence why I don't have one..... but I do thing the white/black one is sharp as hell.......

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one