Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
steelhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always amazes me the CVO haters that post on the CVO forum. What ever dude.

As for the original question, directed at CVO owners I might add, I didn't get a Road Glide because I don't like the lines of the sharknose. I understand the reasons people buy them and I have not found many that have them that don't love them but personally, I can't take the looks. Having said that, the 2012 skunk is a pretty bike and with a taller set of apes, I do believe the shark has some appeal.

What really matters is that you like it.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
07 street bob
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
The whole CVO program is Harley's most brilliant marketing scheme ever...... who else could get you to pay $12-$14K over the actual cost of the bike and still get your *** spanked by any decent built 95 incher???? You could have bought a standard RG, put $10k back into it yourself, and end up with twice the bike, unique to you only, (not a stock bike that you are gonna see three more of in any parking lot), and STILL have the extra 4 grand in your pocket?????

The few that I know that actually bought CVO bikes have ended up still spending all the extra $$$ anyway to get them right........ now you have $40K in an $18K bike..... BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can write a check for one if I wanted to, but if I won Powerball tomorrow you would never see me spend money that foolishly.(probably why I CAN write a check for one )....

By hoofmender at 2011-04-12
If I have to explain it you wouldn't understand!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Road glides are the best handling Harleys hands down, yes there is more wind and that is why we ride. The only thing I didn't like was the skulls/zombies on the fairing and tank, otherwise finast looking bike I have ever rode or seen. Opinions vary.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking RG, congrats on the new ride. I love all the colors on the RG CVO's

Old 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
mlbraptor
Road Master
Received 2,306 Likes on 745 Posts

I bought a CVO ultra and love it. I think the CVO RG looks good too. As long as the owner likes it; thats all that matters..Spend your money on what YOU want.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whole CVO program is Harley's most brilliant marketing scheme ever...... who else could get you to pay $12-$14K over the actual cost of the bike and still get your *** spanked by any decent built 95 incher???? You could have bought a standard RG, put $10k back into it yourself, and end up with twice the bike, unique to you only, (not a stock bike that you are gonna see three more of in any parking lot), and STILL have the extra 4 grand in your pocket?????

Not to take this thread off track--but I need to say this.....yeah..you could put $10k into your $18K bike and you know what it's worth when go to sell it?? Kiss that extra $10K goodbye.....plus whatever you will lose on the bike. CVO's cost more, but they retain their value way better.

But whatever makes you happy....but you don't see me bashing your choice do you?

As for the orginial post and question...I was never really crazy about the road glides...but that's why they make different models.....

Last edited by mjb765; 02-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

You are asking a person why he didnt buy a particular model? Your kidding, right? I wouldnt buy any CVO model, they are "overpriced overkill" I am sure that piece of info will seal any decision you are trying to make. As far as putting $10K into an $18K motorcycle, that isnt happening to me either.

Last edited by checkers; 02-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The few that I know that actually bought CVO bikes have ended up still spending all the extra $$$ anyway to get them right........ now you have $40K in an $18K bike..... BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can write a check for one if I wanted to, but if I won Powerball tomorrow you would never see me spend money that foolishly.(probably why I CAN write a check for one )....

I work in a H-D dealership and can offer this perspective. Book values drive H-D sales, and thats what banks loan off of. 80 to 90 percent of our buyers finance. CVO bikes have their own NADA designation and hold vaue. A heavily customized bike like yours has no more loan value or book value to a dealership than a stock bike. We actually deduct for individualization, so if you keep your bike forever, then you are fine. If you are like most guys who heavily customize and trade or sell then you are up against a bit of a wall. Stock bikes turnover the fastest and the guys I know trying to sell, even privately have the toughest time. We turn over our CVO bikes usually before they hit the floor. The last CVO RK we got in we had three guys waiting to see it in a Sat, it never hit the floor.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

To me, the RG has a weird riding position. My buddy is 6' 2" and reaches the bars fine. At 5' 10", the bars are in the next county.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:35 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
To me, the RG has a weird riding position. My buddy is 6' 2" and reaches the bars fine. At 5' 10", the bars are in the next county.
LOL....the bars can be changed.....try to reach the radio...lol

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one