Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
TheBig-O
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
The best part about these forums (for me) is seeing what other people are riding and doing to their bikes. I can't say that I've seen a bike on this forum yet that I didn't like in some way.

I'm thankful that Harley makes CVO bikes and sells every one they make. I'm also thankful that they sell millions of dollars worth of branded clothing to people who don't even own a Harley. These things, among others, allow Harley to sell "bargin" (relatively speaking) bikes that I like.

I prefer these kinds of motorcycles because I use them in a way that would be criminal to do to a CVO bike. You don't see many CVOs on the Dalton Hwy. Not to say that they're aren't some that have made the trip, but by and large not many folks use that kind of bike to do adventuring. When I'm riding down a rural road and see one covered in gravel and dirt, I point my Road King down it to see where it goes. Sometimes it involves a 12 point turn around at the bottom of a hill Again, I'm happy the CVO program exists but just because I don't share a CVO owners passion for ownership certainly doesn't mean I'm jealous. You wanna make me jealous? Tell me where you've been
I have read different versions of this idea many times from those who have "CVO Derangement Syndrome". One is to believe that the The Mother Ship gouges CVO buyers so that she can keep non-CVO prices down and that CVO buyers are owed a debt of gratitude for doing so . I don't know about that . HD sells the CVO line because they saw a market for them ,,period /ended . As for the "debt of gratitude" , next time I see a Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition owner I will thank him for keeping my base F150 price down .. I think not .

Last edited by TheBig-O; 01-07-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didnt buy one because I don't like the CVO bikes. Nothing against the CVO owners, but the CVO lineup is everything that I dont want in a bike for a hefty cost. A couple of the paint jobs look pretty nice (skunk especially) but its hard for me to see that pretty bike in the mirror of my spray painted 1990 EG while im walking away anyway...

Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buggin02
2. Disagree 100% I bought a base model FLHX in 09 brand new. Threw 6k at it and it couldn't hold a candle to my CVO in looks, ride, or power.

Jswerve,

The MSRP on a new CVO RG is $33k. SO you are telling us you paid $27k for your '09? If so, somebody took you to the cleaners. If not, then you were only halfway there. You should have thrown another $6k at it and then you would have been closer to the price of the CVO.
But I understand why you didn't, we all like the new ones, that's the disease.
Um no I paid 20k

Because after throwing ANOTHER 6k at it you know what I would have had??? 32k in a 20k bike lol... And I don't own a CVO RG

Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
Um no I paid 20k

Because after throwing ANOTHER 6k at it you know what I would have had??? 32k in a 20k bike lol... And I don't own a CVO RG
My bad...but the same holds true for your CVO StreetGlide. And you are right on the money about having 32k wrapped up in a 20k bike.
You would be married to it with no escape other than taking a 12k kick in the pants when you decided to trade, unless you could find that one person that was willling to pay for your mods. That buyer is a mythical creature that I have heard of but never actually seen.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buggin02
My bad...but the same holds true for your CVO StreetGlide. And you are right on the money about having 32k wrapped up in a 20k bike.
You would be married to it with no escape other than taking a 12k kick in the pants when you decided to trade, unless you could find that one person that was willling to pay for your mods. That buyer is a mythical creature that I have heard of but never actually seen.
Exactly