Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:36 AM
DVP
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres UGLY LOL!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DVP
Heres UGLY LOL!!!

Congrats! Had one of those lined up but opted to go with my FLHXSE3 instead. Enjoy the ride man!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,073 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by dlrshort
Seems like the RG might be the least popular model. If you have a CVO and didn't buy a RG why not? And if you did what did you like about the bike? I personally like the looks of the bike and feel that it handles better than the bat wing faring as I have also owned a Street glide and an Ultra.
I'd like to speak to why I didn't but a CVO at all. Maybe there are others who feel like I do. If so, that really cuts down on the the number of CVOs sold.

The Road Glide is probably one of my favorite HD models and I'm talking about all of them. 77 XLCR, Tour Glide, Electra Glide Sport etc. But, I'm just not a pimp paint and chrome guy. I can't ride a bike that screams "Look at me". Most of the CVO stuff (IMO) is that way. The first thig I'd have to do is powder coat all the chrome and have it painted a solid color.

As far as a CVO being a great handling bike and having tons of power; yeah it does, but only when compared to another Harley. In the end, it's too much money (and I truly have that kind of money to spend on a motorcycle) for what you get. As someone else pointed out before, you can buy the standard model and go through it with aftermarket mods for a lot less and have something that has more power and handles better than a CVO.

At the end of the day, I think it's a good thing that Harley has such a program and that people buy them. They just aren't for me.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 AM
jc15025
Club Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Sweet! The only thing I'm disappointed in, is that your unable to place a drive back rest on the new CVO SG/RG without changing the seat.

Originally Posted by DVP
Heres UGLY LOL!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DVP
Heres UGLY LOL!!!

It's a shark,,,, you forgot to put the "F" in front of ugly

Beautiful bike. Welcome to the Shark Tank

Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
1. If so, that really cuts down on the the number of CVOs sold.

2. As someone else pointed out before, you can buy the standard model and go through it with aftermarket mods for a lot less and have something that has more power and handles better than a CVO.

3. At the end of the day, I think it's a good thing that Harley has such a program and that people buy them. They just aren't for me.
1. Harley has no trouble whatsoever selling the CVO.

2. Disagree 100% I bought a base model FLHX in 09 brand new. Threw 6k at it and it couldn't hold a candle to my CVO in looks, ride, or power.

3. Agreed 100% and that's the bottom line, it isn't for you so you need not purchase one. I on the other hand love mine and will buy another CVO after this one.

A side note, I am glad we live in a world with choice because as this example clearly shows myself and this gentlemen couldn't be further apart in personal taste yet we both manage to find a bike that fits us.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote=Jswerve;10743791]1. Harley has no trouble whatsoever selling the CVO.

2. Disagree 100% I bought a base model FLHX in 09 brand new. Threw 6k at it and it couldn't hold a candle to my CVO in looks, ride, or power.

3. Agreed 100% and that's the bottom line, it isn't for you so you need not purchase one. I on the other hand love mine and will buy another CVO after this one.

Well said Jswerve . I thoroughly understand the varied , good reasons why some choose not to buy a CVO . I don't understand why some resent the people who do . It's beyond charges of envy made by some CVO defenders . The CVO distracters I'm talking about aren't jealous or envious , they're pissed .. It's interesting .

Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,073 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
1. Harley has no trouble whatsoever selling the CVO.

A side note, I am glad we live in a world with choice because as this example clearly shows myself and this gentlemen couldn't be further apart in personal taste yet we both manage to find a bike that fits us.
The best part about these forums (for me) is seeing what other people are riding and doing to their bikes. I can't say that I've seen a bike on this forum yet that I didn't like in some way.

I'm thankful that Harley makes CVO bikes and sells every one they make. I'm also thankful that they sell millions of dollars worth of branded clothing to people who don't even own a Harley. These things, among others, allow Harley to sell "bargin" (relatively speaking) bikes that I like.

I prefer these kinds of motorcycles because I use them in a way that would be criminal to do to a CVO bike. You don't see many CVOs on the Dalton Hwy. Not to say that they're aren't some that have made the trip, but by and large not many folks use that kind of bike to do adventuring. When I'm riding down a rural road and see one covered in gravel and dirt, I point my Road King down it to see where it goes. Sometimes it involves a 12 point turn around at the bottom of a hill Again, I'm happy the CVO program exists but just because I don't share a CVO owners passion for ownership certainly doesn't mean I'm jealous. You wanna make me jealous? Tell me where you've been

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 01-07-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
The best part about these forums (for me) is seeing what other people are riding and doing to their bikes. I can't say that I've seen a bike on this forum yet that I didn't like in some way.

I'm thankful that Harley makes CVO bikes and sells every one they make. I'm also thankful that they sell millions of dollars worth of branded clothing to people who don't even own a Harley. These things, among others, alllow Harley to sell "bargin" (relatively speaking) bikes that I like.

I prefer these kinds of motorcycles because I use them in a way that would be criminal to do to a CVO bike. You don't see many CVOs on the Dalton Hwy. Not to say that they're aren't some that have made the trip, but by and large not many folks use that kind of bike to do adventuring. When I'm riding down a rural road and see one covered in gravel and dirt, I point my Road King down it to see where it goes. Sometimes it involves a 12 point turn around at the bottom of a hill Again, I'm happy the CVO program exists but just because I don't share a CVO owners passion for ownership certainly doesn't mean I'm jealous. You wanna make me jealous? Tell me where you've been
I'm not interested in driving my bike down a gravel road whether it's my 33k dollar CVO or my 20k dollar FLHX. If I were, I would buy a dirt bike. Nor am I jealous that you drive yours on gravel. I also TOUR on my TOURING bike. Enjoy your day.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 AM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Jswerve,

The MSRP on a new CVO RG is $33k. SO you are telling us you paid $27k for your '09? If so, somebody took you to the cleaners. If not, then you were only halfway there. You should have thrown another $6k at it and then you would have been closer to the price of the CVO.
But I understand why you didn't, we all like the new ones, that's the disease.

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one