Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpalmersheim
I love the look of the RG, but never had a chance to ride one. I went with the Electra Glide (non-CVO) route after trading my CVO RK after some pretty serious issues with it.
Bummer sounds like you got a lemon...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the first CVO thread I have ever read. I personally don't own a CVO model, but Do I want one ?.... sure! I am a self employed general contractor, so I am a little finacialy challenged. I bought my Superglide new in june of 2011. I finaced, (not ashamed of it.).but I will have it paid off in April. Two years early. But even though I personaly couldn't spen the extra $ for a CVO, I can't understand why other's would bash people who can, or did. The way I see it, It's just a different income bracket.

Anyway's even though I don't own a CVO. I am still going to try and honestly answer the OP. I would not buy a RG simply because I'm not into the fairing bikes. I dig the open old school look. If I was fortunate enough to buy a CVO I would buy a Breakout.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM
longlast
Novice

I'v wonted a full decker electra glide for over 30 yr's

It came along I got it, and glad i did

Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kennygsuperglide
This is the first CVO thread I have ever read. I personally don't own a CVO model, but Do I want one ?.... sure! I am a self employed general contractor, so I am a little finacialy challenged. I bought my Superglide new in june of 2011. I finaced, (not ashamed of it.).but I will have it paid off in April. Two years early. But even though I personaly couldn't spen the extra $ for a CVO, I can't understand why other's would bash people who can, or did. The way I see it, It's just a different income bracket.
Anyway's even though I don't own a CVO. I am still going to try and honestly answer the OP. I would not buy a RG simply because I'm not into the fairing bikes. I dig the open old school look. If I was fortunate enough to buy a CVO I would buy a Breakout.
Take money out of it. Nice bikes are nice bikes....be happy for them.

~Joe

Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Take money out of it. Nice bikes are nice bikes....be happy for them.

~Joe
Maybe I could have worded that different, but that is the point I was trying to make. I am happy for them. Over the years I've seen alot of bitch'n' CVO's that I would love to have. Hell, I'm jealous, wish I could afford one. I'll keep cutting boards and driving nails and maybe someday.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kennygsuperglide
I bought my Superglide new in june of 2011. I finaced, (not ashamed of it.).but I will have it paid off in April.
Since when is financing your motorcycle frowned upon on here? Damn, now I gotta hear ppl bash us CVO owners (not you) and if you finance a bike you're a loser too? Ugh, can't catch a break here lmao.

Seriously, a lot of us wouldn't be able to get what we want without financing. I am not one of those take every penny to the grave guys. We live very frugal in a lot of other areas. My wife and I both have great jobs and neither of us have car payments. I do have a motorcycle payment but it's pretty reasonable because I had my 09 for almost 4 years prior to the trade for my CVO. I am also raising 3 teenagers all in high school and I'm only 38 years old (wife and I been together since she was 15 and I was 17 ) so needless to say, I feel pretty darn blessed to already have the bike of my dreams while raising a family!

Anyways, we are very happy and looking forward to Sturgis among other things in 2013. Happy Holidays all!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:59 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
Since when is financing your motorcycle frowned upon on here? Damn, now I gotta hear ppl bash us CVO owners (not you) and if you finance a bike you're a loser too? Ugh, can't catch a break here lmao.
No one is bashing people who finance. It is a pretty obvious trend on this discussion board that people who paid cash for their bike feel that it gives their opinion more weight than others........it seems the same people, every time they post, feel it necessary to bring up "I paid for my bike cash".......

Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
No one is bashing people who finance. It is a pretty obvious trend on this discussion board that people who paid cash for their bike feel that it gives their opinion more weight than others........it seems the same people, every time they post, feel it necessary to bring up "I paid for my bike cash".......
Just plain silly man...

Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jswerve

Seriously, a lot of us wouldn't be able to get what we want without financing. I am not one of those take every penny to the grave guys. We live very frugal in a lot of other areas. My wife and I both have great jobs and neither of us have car payments. I do have a motorcycle payment but it's pretty reasonable because I had my 09 for almost 4 years prior to the trade for my CVO. I am also raising 3 teenagers all in high school and I'm only 38 years old (wife and I been together since she was 15 and I was 17 ) so needless to say, I feel pretty darn blessed to already have the bike of my dreams while raising a family!

Anyways, we are very happy and looking forward to Sturgis among other things in 2013. Happy Holidays all!
Heck, I didn't think twice about financing my Breakout. I got 2.75% for 5 years with nothing down. I make WAY more keeping my money in the market with Apple, Exxon/Mobil, IBM, etc. I'll use someone else's money at that rate any day.

Any one with a decent FICO score can do very well financing a bike nowadays.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dlrshort
Seems like the RG might be the least popular model. If you have a CVO and didn't buy a RG why not? And if you did what did you like about the bike? I personally like the looks of the bike and feel that it handles better than the bat wing faring as I have also owned a Street glide and an Ultra.
One reason and one reason only. Not a fan of the shark nose front end. I like the CVO colors though.

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one