Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
Not quite. Attention to detail. The FLTRUSE comes with the tour trunk.
I stand corrected!! I agree it would have been nice to see the ultra. That's what I really wanted as well so I compromised and added a tour pack and an xm receiver.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:21 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I didn't buy a '12, because i have an '11, and nothing changed enough to get to make a deal.

Same ol, same 'ol may be great on one hand, but if you want me to trade up, it's gotta be more than a "new color".

yeah....I want Water cooling and 124 cubes from the factory, just like the Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 came with. If Kawi can do it, so can Harley.

WHY THE FK NOT???

~Joe

Old 12-21-2012, 01:04 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by roadglider05
Road glides are the best handling Harleys hands down, yes there is more wind and that is why we ride. The only thing I didn't like was the skulls/zombies on the fairing and tank, otherwise finast looking bike I have ever rode or seen. Opinions vary.
I would agree they are the best handling TOURING Harley but not the best handling Harley. That would go to the FXDXT of even the V-Rod over the RG. I don't really like or dislike the look of the RG but I don't like the fairing and guages so far away from me. I like the protection from the wind and cold that the batwing offers. However, that's just my opinion and its worth everything you paid for it

Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
I would agree they are the best handling TOURING Harley but not the best handling Harley. That would go to the FXDXT of even the V-Rod over the RG. I don't really like or dislike the look of the RG but I don't like the fairing and guages so far away from me. I like the protection from the wind and cold that the batwing offers. However, that's just my opinion and its worth everything you paid for it
I am 100% convinced the RG fairing does a better job with the wind with the correct for you windshield. My bike with the stock 4" thingy did nothing for me, like riding my Wide Glide without a windshield. With a 10" Windvest it's the best I ever had (including a Ultra). If we ride somewhere and hit lots of bugs, the only place you will find them on my helmet is the top 2 inches and you're way over the old '2" above the windshield line of sight rule'

Ya get used to the big azz cowling way out in front of you (it does feel odd/big/ugly first time you get on it) and the gauges in a couple hours, and you'll like the storage compartments better that the bat wings windshield bag.

Last edited by Afishinado; 12-21-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 AM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Still waiting for an answer

What is the problem with the extra air they are talking about? Was considering buying RG over the SG, for the so called better ride?? Thanks.
There is not a problem with the extra air...I think you misunderstood my comment. The fact is both bike have their air management issues. It's just that I have spent a lot of time and money in getting it as close to right as I believe possible on a SG for me. I didn't want to start that process all over again. I already had the correct seat, bars, wind shield, fork baffle and adjustable fairing vents that I used to manage the air flow and a comfortable riding position. I merely just transfered all that over to the new bike. The seat is the only thing that would have made the switch on the RG.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Who wouldn't want the CVO with the most power? Only the RGC CVO comes with the 110 rated 122 ft. lbs of torque at the crank. And it is lighter than the Street Glide by about 35 lbs.
Why does the 110 in a RG put out more torque than a 110 in any other CVO. Aren't they the same engine. Not questioning the validity of your statement, just wondering why the difference.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
Why does the 110 in a RG put out more torque than a 110 in any other CVO. Aren't they the same engine. Not questioning the validity of your statement, just wondering why the difference.
Dunno,,, according to MoCo's stats, my CVO RGU comes with 115 ft lbs.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Check the torque specs on HD's web site. The 12 RGC CVO is advertised as 122 ft. lbs.

Some is with the different air intake and some is with the tune. What I don't remember for sure is that I recall there was a 300 rpm higher rev limit and .05 more compression. I think that came from a road test American Iron mag did last fall.

The 12 Softail CVO is only 103 ft. lbs of torque.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlrshort
Seems like the RG might be the least popular model. If you have a CVO and didn't buy a RG why not? And if you did what did you like about the bike? I personally like the looks of the bike and feel that it handles better than the bat wing faring as I have also owned a Street glide and an Ultra.
Cause i bought what i wanted, the 12 cvo street glide

Old 12-22-2012, 11:17 AM
jc15025
Club Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Thanks, my under standings is that the RG has a better ride due to the fairing mounted to the frame as opposed to the fork mounted fairing.

Originally Posted by 2manytoys
There is not a problem with the extra air...I think you misunderstood my comment. The fact is both bike have their air management issues. It's just that I have spent a lot of time and money in getting it as close to right as I believe possible on a SG for me. I didn't want to start that process all over again. I already had the correct seat, bars, wind shield, fork baffle and adjustable fairing vents that I used to manage the air flow and a comfortable riding position. I merely just transfered all that over to the new bike. The seat is the only thing that would have made the switch on the RG.

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one