Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DresserDude
I didn't buy one because I think they are too gaudy!! any cvo bike for that matter is too gaudy for me.

Dlrshort - You've got to be kidding! To each his own, but now I've heard everything.

He's heard it all folks!

Old 06-13-2012, 05:57 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vduzin12
I am easily $12-$13k into my RG Custom. For an off the shelf bike the CVO line is awesome but you still have to personlize it. I'm pretty sure that I'll never buy one as its not worth it to me. Call me stupid but if someone offered me a straight trade, I'd turn it down. It's hard to put a dollar amount on what you have built to be the perfect bike. Just my $.02
I agree you have a beautiful bike there, but sadly, if your thoughts or needs changed, prompting you to trade it in or sell it, you only get book value for that bike from the dealer or a prospective buyer who is trying to get a loan to purchase it. Unless you have a cash buyer whose dying to have it.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NYSport
I was already to pull the trigger on a 12 SESG until I read a little bit more about the RG. My brother has been riding his RGs for years and told how nice it was for the long rides. He also runs the RG very hard up some very tight mountain passes, very impressive handling.

Well to shorten a long boring story I bought the SERG skunk, can't wait to take delivery!
Great looking bike. I've seen one in person.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 PM
NYSport
Advanced

I was already to pull the trigger on a 12 SESG until I read a little bit more about the RG. My brother has been riding his RGs for years and told how nice it was for the long rides. He also runs the RG very hard up some very tight mountain passes, very impressive handling.

Well to shorten a long boring story I bought the SERG skunk, can't wait to take delivery!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
Check the pix in my siggy. 2011 CVO RGU It's the only year they've made the SERGU so far.
My boss has the exact same bike!

~Joe

Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2013 CVO lineup and the 110th Anniversary models.

~Joe

Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 AM
2008street glide
Stage I

I bought the 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom about 2 months ago.
1. Got rid of the seat and put a sundowner.
2. Got rid of the header and pipes
3. Put on Black V&H dresser dual
4. Put on V&H Blackout Rounds

This has to be one of the best, if not the best Harleys I have owned or rode.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dlrshort
Seems like the RG might be the least popular model. If you have a CVO and didn't buy a RG why not? And if you did what did you like about the bike? I personally like the looks of the bike and feel that it handles better than the bat wing faring as I have also owned a Street glide and an Ultra.
Well...I did buy one until it was time to go sign the papers prior to delivery. I actually saw one on the showroom floor, a "skunk" color and said to myself, "WOW that white pearl is pretty". I also said to myself "WOW, that price tag sure is high". I guess I got second thoughts when I actually started looking at all the stuff I would have to change such as wheels, seat, saddlebag speakers, factory speakers, pipes, cams, headers, handlebars, etc etc etc. Also, I didnt think it was worth the $10,918 down payment I had saved up to get the bike. What really turned me on was when I took a look at the 2012 Black Denim RGC they had on the floor, and the price tag made it a whole lot better.

When I added it all up, I will have actually come out cheaper than the cost of a CVO RGC and will have a bike that is accessorized to my desires, such as bigger wheels, better stereo, and a better looking paint job and my bike will make about 95% of the power of a 110 for half the cost. Yea, the argument about CVO holds value better sounds good and all but 10% is 10% no matter if its from $30k or $20k. I say that because if you go on ebay and look at the cost of the used bikes, they all lose about 10% REGARDLESS of them being a CVO or not. Also, with the extra $5k I have left over after customizing my bike to me compared to price of a CVO, I can spend $1k of it per month to help pay my bike off in 5 months...oh, wait, I already did that! FINANCIAL freedom is the real reason why I decided against a CVO RGC. I would rather have a bike that's paid off and money to travel and see this country before it is destroyed than to have a bike that everyone else covets and a payment that keeps me a paycheck or two away from being homeless. Most people wont speak on their reality so I'll do it for them.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM
tinman521
3rd Gear
Default 2012 Road Glide CVO

Just picked up one.....Cobalt Candy Blue...love it so far...

Old 06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 712 Likes on 359 Posts

I'd like to have a CVO RG.......Anyone in for an EVEN trade?

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one