Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey DL, I saw a skunk just like yours at the local dealer one day. It was gone that afternoon. Sweet looking bike you have there.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I hate the black plastic look of the standard bikes, and obviously many other guys do too. That's why so many people hit the chrome accessories shelf after they get a bike.

As many have said, you start adding up all the parts and the CVOs are bargains. Take a standard bike, add chrome liberally to get up to a similar level of shine with the CVO, plus paint, custom leather seats, ect., and then look at the amount invested. Then look at the loan value or resale on each bike. CVO is a no-brainer for anyone who likes a good-looking bike.

I looked at a buying a new Indian right before I found my CVO RK. Comparing the two, the HD CVO bikes are SO much more! The quality detail & finish is outstanding, and blew the Indian out of the water! I did like the Indians, but since it was my hard-earned money I was spending, I felt I got more value with a CVO.

Performance? Well, we're talking Harleys here. If we were sincere about performance we'd all be looking at metric sportbikes & musclebikes. I'd put a 1986 V-Max against any Harley. As-is, my 103 has plenty of power to make my bike comfortable and fun. I'm happy with that. Some of you guys think every extra hp your bike has gives you a higher sperm count or something.

Now to the original question.... I would have bought a '12 CVO Road Glide if I could have afforded it. Love them, and I think the RG "fugly" fairing is actually pretty cool. I'm definately going to road-test a RG someday.
But I also like the look of bikes with minimal bags, windscreens, etc..

Old 06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
FLHX007
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I could get a good deal on a CVO RG. All you haters if you have never ridden a RG please don't comment. I now belong to the SECRET SHARK NOZE SOCIETY....lol
The best kept secret...

Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 PM
FLHX007
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steveg56
Basically that means you can't afford it...
exactly... people who hate on the CVO's are the ones who have wet dreams about one. I love em and someday I will get one hopefully soon..

Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I'll be honest.

I wish I had gotten a CVO. The pewter and gunstock color was my favorite. What kills me is I could have easily afforded it too.....but at the time, the difference in price seemed alot more than what it really ended up being once I started setting my standard SG up.

I may trade for one in a year or 2....really depends on what changes happen, colors, etc.

I really don't understand why the CVO Roadglide doesn't have all the speakers and lower fairings....the SG one does.

The maple CVO roadglide this year is just plain beautiful.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 06-08-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
I'll be honest.

I wish I had gotten a CVO. The pewter and gunstock color was my favorite. What kills me is I could have easily afforded it too.....but at the time, the difference in price seemed alot more than what it really ended up being once I started setting my standard SG up.

I may trade for one in a year or 2....really depends on what changes happen, colors, etc.

I really don't understand why the CVO Roadglide doesn't have all the speakers and lower fairings....the SG one does.

The maple CVO roadglide this year is just plain beautiful.

~Joe
Check the pix in my siggy. 2011 CVO RGU It's the only year they've made the SERGU so far.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have road tested a couple of RG's including a CVO. I did like it but the extra air from it was not what I wanted. I am sure there are solutions to it but I test road a few SG's and one cvo SG. It went home with me. couldn't help it.
To each their own I say.
dd

Old 06-12-2012, 04:47 PM
vduzin12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am easily $12-$13k into my RG Custom. For an off the shelf bike the CVO line is awesome but you still have to personlize it. I'm pretty sure that I'll never buy one as its not worth it to me. Call me stupid but if someone offered me a straight trade, I'd turn it down. It's hard to put a dollar amount on what you have built to be the perfect bike. Just my $.02

Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
russrudder
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2010 cvo fatbob and love it and it might as well be one of a kind because they only made 213 in the cryptic black and hell fire flames. 315 total 2010 cvo fatbobs in the world. So I don't have to worry about seeing another one in the parking lot.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Harsh1828
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope they come with a CVO RGU for 2013, I will seriously look at trading for one.

Quick Reply: I bought a'12 Cvo RG why didn't you buy one