Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Road King SE 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Bully
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road King SE 2007

I saw the Video and agree that the bike is AWESOME. I have a Red/Black Ultra SE on order ...my first Harley..due in January.

All this being said...I must say I wonder why Harley hasn't published one picture the even comes close to doing justice to the new line of Screaming Eagles. The brochure on the Ultra SE is so bad ..that the bike doesn't even look desirable. The only pictures on line that look good are those published by owners. I was shocked when I saw an acutal bike....I wonder why HD doesn't want to show these bikes in a better light.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with the HD posted pictures comment, but none of the posted pictures really do any of their color combinations any justice. Nice looking bike man, I just seen the blue and the red CVO RK combos in person at my dealer the other week and they are all awesome. Enjoy, I'm sure you will.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:09 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, that's a beautiful machine for sure... and while I generally agree that the on-line photos do very little justice to the actual machines, it seems they were good enough to get mine and your money!

It's been two weeks since I brought my 07 CVO Ultrawith the newRineharts and SERT home, but there's been ice or snow or both on the roads since that day... getting a type of garage fever, so I busted out the digital camera the other day and did this "clip" of the sound... it's not that great audio quality wise (it's a cheap camera to boot) but if you have a subwoofer on your PC's audio, you will get a good portion of the nice new looooooow rumble.

Sorry about the size - it's a minute and 6 seconds long.

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/lenrough/?action=view¤t=Rineharts.flv

Old 01-03-2007, 02:51 AM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcmaxwild

Hey there I am up here in Vancouver BC.WOW what a bike.I have ordered my new 07 CVO Roadking in black.Anything I have been able to find for pictures or info has been dismal.I have viewed your video a dozen times and love every minute of it. Thanks a lot.My bike is due in June of 2007.The bigger buyer of bikes in the US deems their bikes come in sooner.I will have to be satisfied with my 95 cubic inch 02 Heritage Softail.
rcmaxwild... Your patience will be rewarded. And you have a fine bike to enjoy in the meantime. I sold a 95" Heritage for this SERK. Your notice of the video reminded me I also recorded a 270 degree walkaround the day I picked it up, when the bike was outside on a cold, overcast day at the dealer. I'd be out recording other content if it wasn't for the 38" of snow received the past two weeks! Only have hadan opportunity to record this inaugural ride here: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1072336/tm.htm

But if interested, here's a 22sec, 12mb walkaround of the bike outside before it was shoved into a trailer for the icy ride home...

http://www.farson.com/video/serk270.wmv

Old 01-04-2007, 02:49 PM
rcmaxwild
6th Gear

thats great its the only spots I see I am typing one handed as I have my 3 mth old son on my lap. Anyway the pics look great and maybe you can help with some sound.Appreciate

CVO starved in Maple Ridge

Old 01-13-2007, 09:44 AM
champee58
5th Gear

I was told this is the 1st SE RK to be delivered to Thailand....received on Dec 8, 06.....here it is pictured broken down on the 2nd day of riding...total 590 miles....The reason "bad gasoline" according to the US dealer who has examined the damaged parts....New heads and pistons are on the way back to Thailand.

Apparently this new 110 doesn't have the same tolerances for low octane gasoline as the 88 and 95 engines that filled up at the same petrol stations....I'm told i'll need to keep an octane additive in the saddle bag and use when traveling in rural areas of the Kingdom...where some petrol stations don't always sell what'sadvertised.

Not a happy guy having paid what amounts to 46k usd for this bike....

Also am disapointed in the seat, which isn't comfortable and i'll need to replace.What's withthe windshield....the wind at80+ mph coming over the low windshield causes some serious head buffeting,I have a new higher windshield ordered...
[/align]On the positive side i amimpressed with the speed off the line and the braking compared to my 03 night train.[/align][/align]Am waiting for the new parts and shouldhave this overly sensitive monsteron the road sometime in Feb.[/align][/align]Anyone else havingengine problems blamed onbad gasoline?[/align][/align]Champ[/align][/align]

Old 03-04-2007, 04:18 PM
lvnlfe
Stage II

I just purchased a 2007 SE Road King. Still cold here so only have 13 miles on it. Really itchin to get out on bike!! After doing some reading on this forum I'm concerned about the overheating problem many seem to have. I noticed you changed your pipes within 1800 miles. My dealer said I need to wait until bike has 2500 miles. Want engine "broke In" before pipes are changed. I purchased a race tuner and rhinehardt pipes which will be put on at 2500 miles.(got them while my 15% discount was still good) I'm hoping that I don't have any overheating problems in the meantime. Any feedback would be appeciated. Thanks!

Old 03-04-2007, 05:59 PM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lvnlfe... Congrats on the bike, take a bow! Haven't changed the exhaust yet here. Will wait until the break-in service, and even then might keep it stock. Have not had any overheating problems, but then again, wintertime riding is all I've been able to do. Most overheating issues I've read about happened during the summer, a hot day, stop and go traffic... and only for a few. Others can chime in on the wait-until-2500 miles p-o-v but can note this... After many Harleys, many bikes from other makes, aftermarket exhausts put on right away, never a single issue.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: lvnlfe

I just purchased a 2007 SE Road King. Still cold here so only have 13 miles on it. Really itchin to get out on bike!! After doing some reading on this forum I'm concerned about the overheating problem many seem to have. I noticed you changed your pipes within 1800 miles. My dealer said I need to wait until bike has 2500 miles. Want engine "broke In" before pipes are changed. I purchased a race tuner and rhinehardt pipes which will be put on at 2500 miles.(got them while my 15% discount was still good) I'm hoping that I don't have any overheating problems in the meantime. Any feedback would be appeciated. Thanks!
You may want to ask your dealer about the RH pipes. There are some fitting issues with the CVO bikes on the front header pipe where it is supposed to clear the HD brake lever. RH states they are not going to change the pipe, you must change the brake lever or "tamper" with the heat shield to get it to fit correctly, which may void your pipe warranty.

There is a thread on http://cvoharley.comthat may help you with this issue. It is also a great site that is dedicated to CVO bikes. I hope it is ok to post a link to another site. If it is not, moderator please feel free to delete this portion.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 PM
lvnlfe
Stage II

Thanks for your reply. I got the RH slip ons. Do you think there will still be a fitting issue?

Also, just set up my security system pin. That went fine but could'nt shut off alarm manually. Followed instructions but wouldnt work. Anyone have this problem?

Has anyone dynoed this engine? What was HP?

Can't wait for warmer weather!

Quick Reply: Road King SE 2007